The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guys guys guys, let's get back on track...

Now do you think Lost Continent might be replaced by the Shrieking Shack? Or maybe a giga coaster? Oh oh, I know! Back to the Future and JAWS are coming back, right?

I thought the Shrieking Shack was going into the HP coaster? :box:

When meetings are called the day of, it's usually to roll out major information. Based on past history and the level of management rumored to be attending, I'm guessing show closure. We'll know by this evening.

Are the Poseidon's Fury actors Equity? Would be interesting to hear if they're involved with this as well

Sinbad could be repurposed with a new show. The venue is not bad. Poseidon still has some legs (as it seems IOA is short on get out of the weather "rides" according to some. I think the earlier leak of Nintendo going into "KIDZONE" is telling. A dedicated new land at site B makes most sense.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Not sure where you're getting Nintendo will be the "only major land in the park".

The clone thing is irrelevant.

1. Nintendo looks to be the only thing headlining the new park. People aren’t going to go to the new park for Dreamworks, FB, and Classic Monsters, they’ll go for Nintendo. Hogsmeade, in the other hand, had Jurassic Park next-door (bigger than anything FW will have at opening, other than Nintendo), and Marvel was picking up speed. The only exception I can see to this is if Universal moves JW to the new park, even though it obviously won’t be the headliner.

2. Really? Is it? People came from all over the world to see Hogsmeade for themselves, because they couldn’t see it anywhere else. SNW should already be in Japan and Hollywood by the time the new park opens.

3. Why not distinguish yourself from what everyone else is getting, and have some rides/areas that aren’t found anywhere else?

4. The more capacity this land has, the better. This thing should be 14 acres, minimum, with (at least) four/five major rides. To get back on topic somewhat, Zelda could easily fit that bill. It shouldn’t go into LC anymore, and I think Universal knows that. This won’t be Zelda, if I had to take my guess. It won’t be HTTYD, either. It’ll be something else.

Sorry if I come across as rude and went off-topic, but I needed to rant. You can’t expect SNW (as it currently stands) to carry an entire new theme park on its back. There needs to be more, whether that means an expanded SNW, Jurassic World/LOTR, or (preferably) both.

1. Nintendo looks to be the only thing headlining the new park. People aren’t going to go to the new park for Dreamworks, FB, and Classic Monsters, they’ll go for Nintendo. Hogsmeade, in the other hand, had Jurassic Park next-door (bigger than anything FW will have at opening, other than Nintendo), and Marvel was picking up speed. The only exception I can see to this is if Universal moves JW to the new park, even though it obviously won’t be the headliner.

I think you're being awfully presumptive here. Ignoring your thoughts on Park 3 properties, IoA's pre-Potter attendance shows JP and Marvel weren't draws. Hogsmeade was THE land in the park. It still is. It's why it's still significantly more crowded than anything else.

2. Really? Is it? People came from all over the world to see Hogsmeade for themselves, because they couldn’t see it anywhere else. SNW should already be in Japan and Hollywood by the time the new park opens.

And yet people still flooded USH and USJ when Potter opened at them, respectively. The amount of people that will travel to be "first" is insignificant to the amount that will wait for the one that's most convenient.

3. Why not distinguish yourself from what everyone else is getting, and have some rides/areas that aren’t found anywhere else?

4. The more capacity this land has, the better.

I'm not saying they *shouldn't* do that. But saying the *need* to do that is hyperbole.

Sorry if I come across as rude and went off-topic, but I needed to rant. You can’t expect SNW (as it currently stands) to carry an entire new theme park on its back. There needs to be more, whether that means an expanded SNW, Jurassic World/LOTR, or (preferably) both.

I think you're overestimating things. The park wouldn't break if SNW as we know it is the main draw.

I think you're being awfully presumptive here. Ignoring your thoughts on Park 3 properties, IoA's pre-Potter attendance shows JP and Marvel weren't draws. Hogsmeade was THE land in the park. It still is. It's why it's still significantly more crowded than anything else.

————————————-

And yet people still flooded USH and USJ when Potter opened at them, respectively. The amount of people that will travel to be "first" is insignificant to the amount that will wait for the one that's most convenient.

——————————————

I'm not saying they *shouldn't* do that. But saying the *need* to do that is hyperbole.

——————————————

I think you're overestimating things. The park wouldn't break if SNW as we know it is the main draw.

SNW isn’t just the main draw, it’s the only draw. There’s nothing else there that can sustain an entire theme park.

SNW isn’t just the main draw, it’s the only draw.

This is ridiculous. You're saying people have NO interest in any of the properties? Come on man. That's nuts. You may not, but to say the rest are irrelevant is just being purposefully obtuse.

There’s nothing else there that can sustain an entire theme park.

What? That's your bar to be a draw? Transformers couldn't do that. Still boosted USF's attendance by 10%. Kong couldn't do that. Still boosted IoA's.

I think you're making a problem that really isn't there.