The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think when you rely on one IP to carry an entire park that's where things have a higher risk of going wrong. As Teebin said, MK does just fine without one obvious main draw. Sure there are a lot of draws, but the park doesn't overly rely on any one of them to get by.

Perfect example of how this can be unhealthy for a park is DHS. Once SW:GE opens next year, the park is gonna be packed on opening day with people waiting to get in. But what happens if both rides in SW:GE break down at the same time? it basically breaks the park.

On the other end of the spectrum, Disneyland will be packed, but the park isn't relying on it like DHS is. This is simply going to be a fantastic addition to an already well fleshed out park.

I don't think DHS's problem is lack of IP to draw people away from SW. It's DHS's lack of literally anything worthwhile outside of SW. TOT and a Mickey ride can only do so much. If Park 3 opens with as little to offer as DHS does, then yea, Nintendo will be overstuffed

Reactions: SkiBum
Sinbad has arguably been the park's worst major attraction since its inception. No amount of retools have saved it. It's poorly scripted, awkward, and embarrassing for a park of this caliber.

Here's hoping it's a goner, with the actors reassigned.

BTW, I want that SinDbad sign when it goes on sale.
(i for one had no idea there were two D’s in the word. never noticed before)
One of a kind. Kinda like a misprint stamp. Very rare.:thumbsup: Probably will be in the propshop for $8 large. Unless they hang it in the universal creative conference room.

The question I now have is on that date, for what.

Do they close Sinbad for now, and hold off on Poseidon for now..or do they shut down everything at once to get the construction going.

giphy.gif

I saw this show maybe once or twice. Wasn't a huge fan so I'm not too heartbroken to see it go. Curious to see what goes in it's place though. I also wonder how far up they'll place the walls. Lost Continent's pathways are already really narrow as it is, and if the walls come up past the Mystic Fountain (which probably won't happen, but it's still a possibility), I can see it being very uncomfortable trying to get through to Hogsmeade or Suess Landing.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Particularly interesting if the JP coaster rumor is happening too. Crow tastes bad by the way. Any meeting is unconfirmed and therefore crap. We get no announcement for projects a year in progress.

Last edited: