Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: When are You Going?

I wasn't going to go this year......... but I had the time off so I'm making a special trip to go one day 9/21

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I’m just wondering if Fridays in September are usually packed? I’ve gone to HHN twice before, both times in October, one Sunday and one Thursday. Both these times were bearable. I‘d neeeeever go Friday in October but how comparible is a September Friday?

I've gone Fridays and Sundays and I'm telling you Fridays are better than Sundays and don't knock Fridays in October!!!

My review from last year!

Me and two of my friends from PA traveled to Orlando from 10/19-25 and stayed at Cabana Bay. We did horror nights on Friday the 20th and it was absolutely perfect! We did stay and scream in Springfield and we seemed to time almost everything perfectly! We were able to hit up all 9 houses, watch Bill and Ted, and ride Gringotts, Transformers, and The Mummy. We also spent a decent amount of time the scare zones especially Purge and Trick R Treat. We even sat in Ben & Jerrys for a good 20 minutes to rest...I"m kind of amazed how we managed to fit this all in. This is only my third year attending (2013/2015) and this is the first time I was able to do all the houses, and also unlike 2015 and to a lesser extent 2013. There were 0 houses I thought were unsatisfactory. Perhaps the fact that we barely waited for any of the houses helped me maintain a more positive view of them...

No express passes or anything BTW

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I’m just wondering if Fridays in September are usually packed? I’ve gone to HHN twice before, both times in October, one Sunday and one Thursday. Both these times were bearable. I‘d neeeeever go Friday in October but how comparible is a September Friday?

I've gone Fridays and Sundays and I'm telling you Fridays are better than Sundays and don't knock Fridays in October!!!

I agree that Friday nights tend to be more manageable than Sundays. I have grown to despise Sunday evenings at HHN and have started using them for show and scare zone watching, with a house or two at the beginning

I agree that Friday nights tend to be more manageable than Sundays. I have grown to despise Sunday evenings at HHN and have started using them for show and scare zone watching, with a house or two at the beginning
Thank you both! I was under the impression that fridays/Saturdays were unmanageable without express, but it’s sounding like Friday shouldn’t be too bad especially early on in the event....I’m traveling from out of state so hoping to do a consecutive Thursday and Friday in September :)

Thank you both! I was under the impression that fridays/Saturdays were unmanageable without express, but it’s sounding like Friday shouldn’t be too bad especially early on in the event....I’m traveling from out of state so hoping to do a consecutive Thursday and Friday in September :)

Happy to help!

Will you be utilizing Stay and Scream?

Happy to help!

Will you be utilizing Stay and Scream?

Nope, not doing the parks during the day and I’m not a pass holder so don’t think I can. But I’m usually right at the gates when HHN opens so should be able to bang off some houses pretty quickly

Nope, not doing the parks during the day and I’m not a pass holder so don’t think I can. But I’m usually right at the gates when HHN opens so should be able to bang off some houses pretty quickly

I would recommend making sure you are at the gates an hour ahead of time and try to keep an eye on wait times/popularity of the houses the week(s) before you go

Since your trip will be in September, odds are good the IPs will be more popular as the GP usually goes towards the familiar and does not tend to latch onto the better Originals until a little further into the event’s run

Last edited:
Well, they just added two days to the event so I would say ticket sales are doing well. Yes it is going to be packed

I will say per my above review I think Stay and Scream was pivitol to the success of our night, but if you're bound and determined I have faith you can manage without it. I would agree with making sure you are right at gates early enough to be some of the first folks let in and I would advise to go as hard as possible for the first two hours or so before the park fills up then you can slow down if necessary.

I will say per my above review I think Stay and Scream was pivitol to the success of our night, but if you're bound and determined I have faith you can manage without it. I would agree with making sure you are right at gates early enough to be some of the first folks let in and I would advise to go as hard as possible for the first two hours or so before the park fills up then you can slow down if necessary.
Yeah, for HHN26 my group was first at the gates and we got to do AHS, Halloween, Tomb and Texas chainsaw within the first 2 hours....but that was on a Thursday...I’m worried about potentially having to do a Friday without express or stay and scream, but I might not have a choice so I’ll just hope for the best!

We’ll be going Sept. 19 - 22 RoF w/ express. One of our first dates was HHN 11 and we haven’t missed one since. Staying at Aventura to check out the new hotel and Volcano bay on the 19th.

Yeah, for HHN26 my group was first at the gates and we got to do AHS, Halloween, Tomb and Texas chainsaw within the first 2 hours....but that was on a Thursday...I’m worried about potentially having to do a Friday without express or stay and scream, but I might not have a choice so I’ll just hope for the best!

At least with Friday, if you are there early you are less likely to have a crowd until a bit later. Remember, a lot of people are still Mon-Fri 9am-5pm so they will not be able to get into the park until sometime afterwards

Hoping to go 9/20 to 9/22.

Not sure if they added days or if I totally messed up, but it seems that HHN is on 9/19 also, so we try and work then in. Man, this year I feel like I messed up by planning too early...oh well, we will have fun if we make it up there.

They added two Wednesdays

Thank you! I truly was wondering why I hadn’t planned on being there that WED.

Had a heck of a learning experience, it can be difficult to be an HHN Orlando fan! No passholder rates (for the length of the stay I wanted, I mean, to add a day to my current ressie)....

So I play around a little and I can get an AP rate for the same room type/same hotel for the one night I need....look into getting the day standalone and then seeing if I can leave a note to try and keep the same room all nights....this stuff gets complicated...but what l learned was that I could get all nights/same rate/ same room type/ same hotel on a FL res rate...I just found the whole adventure a learning experience in that I need to remember to look at FL res deals!

Thank you! I truly was wondering why I hadn’t planned on being there that WED.

Had a heck of a learning experience, it can be difficult to be an HHN Orlando fan! No passholder rates (for the length of the stay I wanted, I mean, to add a day to my current ressie)....

So I play around a little and I can get an AP rate for the same room type/same hotel for the one night I need....look into getting the day standalone and then seeing if I can leave a note to try and keep the same room all nights....this stuff gets complicated...but what l learned was that I could get all nights/same rate/ same room type/ same hotel on a FL res rate...I just found the whole adventure a learning experience in that I need to remember to look at FL res deals!
Well just try to plan a WDW stay.... This is cake or blood depending on your level of HHN immersion. Gonna be an "EPIC" year.

Last edited: