Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Contemporary Resort Changes Coming?

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I heard an interesting rumor today that plans are in the works for the Contemporary's convention center and south garden wing to be demolished and a second tower addition coming. Supposedly they are planning to demolish the convention center to create enough parking for an additional tower.

I had been hearing before this they were planning a second tower north of BLT (to sell more MK view rooms), but I'm guessing if this new rumor is true that went out the window.

I would guess this is also because they are adding more convention space on property with the new construction at Coronado, so maybe the timing of the Contemporary project would coincide with the completion of Coronado.

I feel like the last time talk was going around about this the plan was that the South Garden Wing would be left alone and what would almost certainly be called the Seven Seas Tower would replace the convention center. I think that makes the most sense because the main tower would interfere with views of the Magic Kingdom from a tower in the current location of the South Garden Wing.

Didn't know where to put this, so forgive me.

Contemporary will be retiring Sammy Duvall's Watersports starting this week; meaning that Parasailing/Tubing/Skiing have been officially retired from WDW offerings.

I did tubing out there probably 5 years ago and it was pretty fun. Of course the chances of alligator attack were greatly increased and since Bay Lake is so deep, it’s not for everyone.

As for Contemporary, it’s been rumored that another DVC tower is planned - a BLT 2 so to speak.

I did tubing out there probably 5 years ago and it was pretty fun. Of course the chances of alligator attack were greatly increased and since Bay Lake is so deep, it’s not for everyone.

As for Contemporary, it’s been rumored that another DVC tower is planned - a BLT 2 so to speak.
BLT2 is currently slated to start after the Coronado expansion opens. Effectively moving almost all the convention biz over to Coronado.