Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Carowinds

Keep in mind, Carowinds got the worlds longest, fastest, and tallest giga, along with a new entrance in 2015. And this is going to be bigger than that? Also, that's a copperhead snake on the right.

Sweet! My friend lives there and I've been considering moving up there with her since I like the area and its closer to Orlando. Just another reason to move there!

I loved Carowinds when I visited last month for July 4th. That park has everything I need. Fury and Intimidator are incredible coasters and so smooth!

I assume they'll be lumping in more details about the new hotel with this announcement. It was said during a conference call that the new hotel would be in the range of $20-$25 million. Combined with this new Mack launch that will likely be in the $20-$26 million range, This could easily be in upwards of $50 million. There have also been permits filed for a parking lot expansion, and blueprints for a hotel showed a proposed site for a "sportsplex" to the northwest. There's potentially a lot of things that could be announced that would overshadow 2015.

m9dgspcruoe11.jpg

Supports have arrived!

Has anyone gone to SCarowinds? I’m going there on my way home from my Orlando trip and was wondering how the houses and scare zones are? Are all the main rides, coasters working during this time? How are the crowd levels?

Has anyone gone to SCarowinds? I’m going there on my way home from my Orlando trip and was wondering how the houses and scare zones are? Are all the main rides, coasters working during this time? How are the crowd levels?

Houses and scare zones range from subpar to slightly above mediocre. Nothing on the level of HHN obviously. The main thrill rides are open (Fury, Afterburn, Intimidator, etc.), but many of the family rides are closed at night. This leads to longer waits for the coasters, so be prepared for 30 minute waits at a minimum.

We went several years ago and had a blast, going again this year. Houses were a lot of fun, some pretty surprising, and the scare zones where impressive.
I recommend getting the Fast Lane, and if the Skeleton Key is available get that also it had individual rooms that only SK holders could go into with intimate experiences and was so much fun.

Love the spin of it being secretly a moonshine barn. Out of anything, I should've expected that to be the secret.

Looks very nice, a lot of fun with a solid and compact layout.

First trip to Carowinds this weekend. Rode Fury 325 15 times today. Favorite coaster of all time for me. So smooth. Also, Scarowinds was fine with the Fright Lane pass, the waits would have been unbearable otherwise. The icing on the cake was seeing some progress on Copperhead Strike. Looking forward to trying it out in the spring.

Can't wait for this. Drove up to Carowinds on a whim a little over a year ago and I had a blast. Copperhead is gonna be an amazing addition to the already great collection of coasters.