Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Poltergeist

I'm kind of amazed that Steven Spielberg would have signed off on this (even if they weren't legally obligated to do so, Universal surely would have run the project by him given their long history of working together), since he very rarely even acknowledges the movie exists (despite developing the story, co-writing the screenplay, producing, and - at least to some extent - directing the film).

Also, I wonder if they'll find a way to include this thing:
poltergeistghostlarge.jpg

Look for some stilt walkers.

Little higher! Can't say too much. Have walked most the houses but this one has been a lot of fun transform.

Nice, this one definitely seems like it’ll surprise a lot of people. Halloween 4 is the IP I’m most curious to see transformed since it’s gonna be interesting to see how they make it flow in Shrek

Anyone else hope this comes back eventually as an “encore” house like AWiL did? This house is amazing and I finally saw the Zelda Rubinstein actress. Can’t praise this house enough

Every post that I made going to HHN28 about Most Anticipated indicated that I was sooooo ready for Poltergeist.

I wasn't ...

... and maybe because of the picture I had in my mind of what it was going to be. I thought we were going to walk through the story, but you really didn't. Instead it hit a few notes, but the majority of what was going down is from the final moments of the film.

Then once I passed "into the light" it took another step down for me, as I found the passageway to be lacking in all scareactors. The large props that were built into "the light" weren't being manned. Or maybe I just had crap timing. I really don't know.

What I do like however is the distraction and how well it works with the sighting of The Beast.

I’m really surprised there isn’t a lot more talk about this one. It’s one of my favorites and honestly is one of the most well designed houses I’ve ever seen. The opening scene is up there with Scary Tales this year especially with the rain effects, and the Puppets and ghost dimension are perfectly executed. They’re both super cool and really frightening at the same time, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of them.

I went through this house on Friday at park closing and I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the effects were off. Understandable of course, but I can't wait to experience this at 100%!

This house was really good, I loved the sheer variety of effects they used for it. Small puppets, giant puppets, stilt walkers, things being lowered from the ceiling, scrims, multi-plane scrims/peppers ghost/whatever the heck they did to pull off the "stretching doorway". I also liked how they went crazy abstract for most of the house, there was a lot of scary unknowns because I didn't know what was coming next.

Though for my first runthrough, I was surprised by how much light was leaking into it during the day. Thankfully there was no problem later in the night, but I didn't expect light leakage from a soundstage house.

This house was really good, I loved the sheer variety of effects they used for it. Small puppets, giant puppets, stilt walkers, things being lowered from the ceiling, scrims, multi-plane scrims/peppers ghost/whatever the heck they did to pull off the "stretching doorway". I also liked how they went crazy abstract for most of the house, there was a lot of scary unknowns because I didn't know what was coming next.

Though for my first runthrough, I was surprised by how much light was leaking into it during the day. Thankfully there was no problem later in the night, but I didn't expect light leakage from a soundstage house.
They had one of their huge sliding doors open for some reason.