Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Tips

hello! i've been lurking on the forum for a couple months now, but this year will be my first time attending hhn. i love scary movies but can still be a bit of a scaredy cat, so i was wondering, when a house gets REALLY scary, what do u guys do to help you go through it? thanks!

hello! i've been lurking on the forum for a couple months now, but this year will be my first time attending hhn. i love scary movies but can still be a bit of a scaredy cat, so i was wondering, when a house gets REALLY scary, what do u guys do to help you go through it? thanks!
I personally love that feeling and push myself through the house, but I have a few suggestions if you really can't take it.

- Covering your ears take a lot of the fear away from jumpscares in film and video games, and scares in houses are no different. An open palm over both of your ears will make the scares much more bearable if it's the audio that really gets you.

- If it gets to the point where you no longer want to experience the house, just talk to one of the employees in black hooded robes and they'll help you out.

Also, if you're with someone you know that you're comfortable with, jut push your face into their back. If you're taller than them, this one won't work, but it seems to help any girls I take that get really freaked out.

I personally love that feeling and push myself through the house, but I have a few suggestions if you really can't take it.

- Covering your ears take a lot of the fear away from jumpscares in film and video games, and scares in houses are no different. An open palm over both of your ears will make the scares much more bearable if it's the audio that really gets you.

- If it gets to the point where you no longer want to experience the house, just talk to one of the employees in black hooded robes and they'll help you out.

Also, if you're with someone you know that you're comfortable with, jut push your face into their back. If you're taller than them, this one won't work, but it seems to help any girls I take that get really freaked out.
thank you!! this made me even more excited for the event :)

Hello! I am also a scaredy cat. My significant other LOVES scary things, so I've been going with him for the last six years of the event. I've grown to appreciate it and look forward to it, but my anxiety definitely gets the best of me sometimes. For instance, I know that zombie sounds definitely trigger anxiety for me, so I avoid zombie houses.
As for advice, I totally agree with happy bunny rabbit--covering your ears can help a lot. I also agree with the point that if you are with a group of people you are comfortable with, put your head against their back. I WILL say though, this usually makes me the most frequent target for scares, because they already know I am vulnerable, haha! But it makes me feel better, personally.
For scare zones, just look confident. If you look the scare actor in the eye first, generally they don't act as aggressive.

I know this goes against the norm, but I really enjoy utilizing the Stay and Scream in Springfield. Hanging at Duff Gardens eating a Big Pink Donut and enjoying a dufftoberfest and getting dinner in an empty park is soooo relaxing. Then you literally are walking through like 3 houses with barely anyone in front of or behind you. I know we are going to have a long wait for Stranger Things but the rest of the houses will most likely be short and the initial experience is so pleasant I wouldn't change it. Sitting on the Hello Kitty curb for hour... no thanks. ... but I'm cool with most people utilizing the other two zones :cool:

Will there be set houses for each stay and scream zones? Or could it change throughout?

I'd imagine Simpsons is - SS, DE and HoB
Finnegans - Poltergeiest, ScTa and CG
Hello Kitty - StTh and H4?

Or would HK and Finnegans just release you to the front end?

Will there be set houses for each stay and scream zones? Or could it change throughout?

I'd imagine Simpsons is - SS, DE and HoB
Finnegans - Poltergeiest, ScTa and CG
Hello Kitty - StTh and H4?

Or would HK and Finnegans just release you to the front end?

I think Hollywood and NY will release to the front of the park in general since there is no house entrance at Minions this year.

Anyone know if they still allow you to remain in the park after you finish an Unmasking the Horror tour? I hear conflicting reports of yes and no. (Doing the afternoon tour)

Anyone know if they still allow you to remain in the park after you finish an Unmasking the Horror tour? I hear conflicting reports of yes and no. (Doing the afternoon tour)

Last year they didn’t even though we had tickets, took us to a fancy looking room which led back outside near the arches. All we had to do was just go through turnstyles though.

For the Finnegans SnS if you dont get there early enough to snag a table what is it like waiting outside? any shaded areas or tables to wait at?

From the pictures i have seen online it seems most people are just sitting on the curb which i imagine could get uncomfortable on a hot Florida day.

For the Finnegans SnS if you dont get there early enough to snag a table what is it like waiting outside? any shaded areas or tables to wait at?

From the pictures i have seen online it seems most people are just sitting on the curb which i imagine could get uncomfortable on a hot Florida day.
Very uncomfortable, Simpsons is better if you are not inside Finns other than it releases to the best houses (well did, who knows??) Hello Kitty is just as bad so maybe they need a new one? They have used Diagon and that is pretty cool.

Very uncomfortable, Simpsons is better if you are not inside Finns other than it releases to the best houses (well did, who knows??) Hello Kitty is just as bad so maybe they need a new one? They have used Diagon and that is pretty cool.

do they leave the shops open during the wait at Diagon? that would be a cool experience even though it might not be the best spot in terms of house strategy.

There is a bar area you can wait at. Last year they opened up the area a bit towards the houses that we moved to at around 530.

do they leave the shops open during the wait at Diagon? that would be a cool experience even though it might not be the best spot in terms of house strategy.

The restaurant, bars and ice cream shop were all open--but again, been two years since they've used Diagon. Best of all, Knockturn was open and empty in all its air-conditioned glory. Other than being released last to non-soundstage houses, this truly was the greatest S&S ever.

Finns bar area ranges from a busy Friday night at your local watering hole to packed like sardines. Still, it has a/c and live music and a full bar (if you can get to it). And as Joe said, by 5:30 crowd usually migrating down as far as "Transformers Alley." No less comfortable than the longer lines you'll be waiting in later.