Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Queue Line related Engineering project

Greetings!

I'm enrolled in a Engineering Design and Development class and for our year-long project, our group was initially trying to solve the problem of the amount of people that sit on the handrails. However, our teacher (and our group) is confused about what our problem specifically is; are we trying to solve injuries caused by falling off of handrails or are we trying to solve the uncomfortable state of waiting in queue lines? We also don't have any real data of the percentage of guests that sit on handrails or injuries sustained from doing so (especially since it's not really a huge deal to pay attention to).

I wanted to use a survey to collect the data, but I'm not sure if it's the most practical way just to rely on this one small survey, which I'll link right here if you want to check it out or answer it.

Should we change our topic to try and solve a different unrelated problem (we've already put in a lot of work so far, so I'm kind of hard on leaving that all behind) or should we keep going and try to narrow down our problem? Because currently, our group is moving towards changing to reducing the wait times for queue lines, which I'm not sure is easier to solve than our initial problem, but there's more data associated with that.

I don't know, let me know what you guys think and if there's anything anyone can help with.

Thanks!

Greetings!

I'm enrolled in a Engineering Design and Development class and for our year-long project, our group was initially trying to solve the problem of the amount of people that sit on the handrails. However, our teacher (and our group) is confused about what our problem specifically is; are we trying to solve injuries caused by falling off of handrails or are we trying to solve the uncomfortable state of waiting in queue lines? We also don't have any real data of the percentage of guests that sit on handrails or injuries sustained from doing so (especially since it's not really a huge deal to pay attention to).

I wanted to use a survey to collect the data, but I'm not sure if it's the most practical way just to rely on this one small survey, which I'll link right here if you want to check it out or answer it.

Should we change our topic to try and solve a different unrelated problem (we've already put in a lot of work so far, so I'm kind of hard on leaving that all behind) or should we keep going and try to narrow down our problem? Because currently, our group is moving towards changing to reducing the wait times for queue lines, which I'm not sure is easier to solve than our initial problem, but there's more data associated with that.

I don't know, let me know what you guys think and if there's anything anyone can help with.

Thanks!
It would be expensive, but I always thought bars with curved tops or with planters overhanging the poles would be a good solution...Or removing the rails and doing walkways through foliage