Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Hey all quick question! Would anyone have a source recording of the Roots' melody/drum beat played in the preshow room before the preshow actually starts? It's really catchy! Thanks a lot!
I don't believe those recordings have been released publicly..They were made specifically for the ride....However, in a year or two they may surface

Observations about RTNY while I was there yesterday:
  • The subway entrance by the ride/library backdrop actually has stairs and a sign on the inside telling you where the subway goes. Totally unnecessary detail, yet an appreciated one.
  • In the ride film, you pass by a Toys "R" Us. :(
  • Holy wow, I really want a USF soundtrack CD just so I can have the score for this ride.

Did you guys know that while the theater seats are being raised about 2-3 feet from the entry level at the beginning of the ride, the side stairs are pulled completely down to the first floor?

78F7B971-6657-4DCF-BE50-1EE9671E4CDD_zps20x7lt2k.jpeg

Did you guys know that while the theater seats are being raised about 2-3 feet from the entry level at the beginning of the ride, the side stairs are pulled completely down to the first floor?

78F7B971-6657-4DCF-BE50-1EE9671E4CDD_zps20x7lt2k.jpeg

So it's essentially Opposite Simpsons to where the Ride System and screen stays on one floor, but the flooring for entrance and exits to the theater are lowered?

Neat.

Another ride I finally rode today. Well, the queue is nice, and I like the safety instructions. The rest...wow, just wow. This ride is BAD. Don't know if it's "Stitch's Great Escape" bad (no awful smells), but it comes close.

Are you secretly Stitch?
No, I just don’t like Jimmy Fallon nor the Jimmy Fallon ride. I’d rather go on Stitch’s Great Escape than the Jimmy Fallon ride.

When will companies stop stupidifying their assets?!

If a Full House version of Toy Story was made, John Stamos would be Woody the Cowboy, Bob Saget would be Buzz Lightyear, Lori Loughlin as Bo Peep, the Olsen Twins as the Pizza Planet Aliens, and Jimmy Fallon as Zurg in Part 2. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally experienced this today, and my feelings are as follows:

- Great facade, which really ties New York together.
- Wonderful queue areas. There's a very nice, classy vibe in there.
- The ride itself is zany, madcap nonsense, and a fair amount of fun. However, it is utterly redundant in a park that already has Minion Mayhem and Simpsons, since most of its gimmicks and gags can already be found in those rides.

Finally experienced this today, and my feelings are as follows:

- Great facade, which really ties New York together.
- Wonderful queue areas. There's a very nice, classy vibe in there.
- The ride itself is zany, madcap nonsense, and a fair amount of fun. However, it is utterly redundant in a park that already has Minion Mayhem and Simpsons, since most of its gimmicks and gags can already be found in those rides.

Pretty much echos my feelings. I think removing Shrek and Minions would help out this ride a ton.

Pretty much echos my feelings. I think removing Shrek and Minions would help out this ride a ton.
Agreed Shrek has a wonderful preshow and that’s it. Despicable Me while I can enjoy it in its simple zany self is the saddest form of the ride and area compared to other parks. Hollywood’s version is quite superior in capacity, facade, and Super Silly Fun Land to round out the area. The overall feel and experience of Hollywood’s vs Orlando’s is quite different. Japan seems to have gone the Hollywood route in building a complimentary area from what I’ve seen as well.