Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mario Party Posse - 100%
DreamWorks All-Stars - 100%
So Much Lon Chaney - 80%
Radiation breathing lizard - 60%
Non-radiation breathing, but just as genetically ambiguous, lizard World - 60%
Nostalgic Fan-Service Book: The Movie - The Ride - 70%
Doctor Doolittle v3.0 - 60%
HP Fan-Fiction - 60%
The OTHER Illumination Stuff - 40%

Anything else, at this point, I'd consider a dark horse or a legitimate surprise.

Surprised that "Jack Black's Mystical Manor" isn't on there. ;)

Somewhat surprised to see HP Fan-Fiction compete against Doolittle and Angry Radiated Lizard.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Going back to this statement from TPU,

What I will say is the layout and structure of the park will be completely different than what you’re used to seeing in not only Universal Parks but any theme park.

We already know they are building up with multilevel lands....now layout wise if its completely different than any other theme park, we can knock out Spoke and Hub (MK), Loop (IOA, USF), hybrid multilevel indoor, single floor outdoor layout (Lotte World)...i'm quite lost as what to expect.

What if they built a thin, but long, layered park, starting with the hub and ending with the biggest land? That way you have to walk through each land to get to the one you want the most.
Navigating that would be a nightmare.

My hunch? Each land is cloistered - they take Diagon's structure where it's built off the main path, and how SNW would have been structured, and do that with every land.

That’s not really a unique layout, though. We’ve seen that before.

In one area of a park sure, but what other park in the whole world has done that?

Even TDS, which plays quite a lot with verticality, is a round-about park (at-least, until Fantastical elements come in). And to be frank, Phantasialand is a rare example of a T-Shaped Theme Park.

Reactions: HPFred
That’s not really a unique layout, though. We’ve seen that before.
A whole park, where you HAVE to return to the "hub" in order to move from land to land, has never been done. The traditional hub-and-spoke structure allows you move from land to land without returning to the hub (going from Adventure Land directly to Frontier Land). This would be a modification of that (a "petal" layout, like flower petals) where each land is distinctly separate from each other.

Imagine that, instead of going from Hogsmeade to Jurassic Park, you had to go to Port of Entry first.

A whole park, where you HAVE to return to the "hub" in order to move from land to land, has never been done. The traditional hub-and-spoke structure allows you move from land to land without returning to the hub (going from Adventure Land directly to Frontier Land). This would be a modification of that (a "petal" layout, like flower petals) where each land is distinctly separate from each other.

Imagine that, instead of going from Hogsmeade to Jurassic Park, you had to go to Port of Entry first.

That was my original thought, however, thinking about it that way, the hub would have to have the highest level of park capacity to support the level of people moving through on a continuous basis as well as something to help evenly spread people as every world would mainly have one entrance/exit.

I remember you stated 25 IPs but is the hub also seeming to be IP based similar to what Disneyhead said in the past with it being Far Far Away?

Of note: it would be fun if every "world" you had to use a mode of transportation like the hogwarts express to get to.

That was my original thought, however, thinking about it that way, the hub would have to have the highest level of park capacity to support the level of people moving through on a continuous basis as well as something to help evenly spread people as every world would mainly have one entrance/exit.

I remember you stated 25 IPs but is the hub also seeming to be IP based similar to what Disneyhead said in the past with it being Far Far Away?

Of note: it would be fun if every "world" you had to use a mode of transportation like the hogwarts express to get to.
Is Far Far Away going to be a land ?

Reactions: Awakening

Yeah this park is going to need this. Just have every land a loop back to the hub. One massive middle land with a portal to each land.

As a kid I always imagined a theme park where you enter 1 ride vehicle that takes you trough all rides. Now I'm older and a bit wiser I know that wouldn't work on any level.

But what I could see is a park that has his lands connected via a horizontal people move like system to get around. Transference from 1 land to the other will go trough almost dark ride scenery to get into the mood.
This could even reduce the size of the hub or even the need of one.

Reactions: Andysol
Going back to this statement from TPU,

We already know they are building up with multilevel lands....now layout wise if its completely different than any other theme park, we can knock out Spoke and Hub (MK), Loop (IOA, USF), hybrid multilevel indoor, single floor outdoor layout (Lotte World)...i'm quite lost as what to expect.

Maybe it's a combination of layouts. Hub and spoke with multi level lands?

How future proof are multi level lands and attractions? Once these show buildings are built, is that it? Anything that replaces that ride has to go in the same building or remove several rides at once?

As a kid I always imagined a theme park where you enter 1 ride vehicle that takes you trough all rides. Now I'm older and a bit wiser I know that wouldn't work on any level.

But what I could see is a park that has his lands connected via a horizontal people move like system to get around. Transference from 1 land to the other will go trough almost dark ride scenery to get into the mood.
This could even reduce the size of the hub or even the need of one.

Like the tram tour at USH?

This sounds a little like the train at MK and the people mover to a much lesser extent.

If there is a general theme to everything going into this park then you could really start to get creative with transport around the park.

Like the tram tour at USH?

This sounds a little like the train at MK and the people mover to a much lesser extent.

If there is a general theme to everything going into this park then you could really start to get creative with transport around the park.
No, just short rides between lands easy to hop on and off like a peoplemover. The ride will go trough or under ride buildings but will take little place and won't be much visible from the lands. Imagine the rumored MoM and how to connect that to Diagon. There is a big wooden door next to the exit. A small ride could bring you to the other location but won't be visible from anywhere. It will go backstage like the Hogwarts express but riders don't see that. Using the horizontal peoplemover from MK gives it a small footprint and with small added scene's could be quite fun for a slow minute or so ride that ends in the next land.

You know how Beijing has a hotel across the entrance? What if instead of that, the park has 4 hotels around the outer edges. A DreamWorks Hotel, a Nintendo Hotel, a Potter hotel, and a Jurassic World hotel. Each with it's own entrance to the park.

So WestCot
WESTCOT-02-1180x600-1180x600.jpg

You know how Beijing has a hotel across the entrance? What if instead of that, the park has 4 hotels around the outer edges. A DreamWorks Hotel, a Nintendo Hotel, a Potter hotel, and a Jurassic World hotel. Each with it's own entrance to the park.

This has been in my thoughts for a while, not exactly the hotel part, but certainly immersive entrances and opening areas for each land. Perhaps this way you can have 'entry attractions' into each land to transport people into the lands. Hell, you could even theme the car parks. Would certainly work for themes like JW, HP and Nintendo. You can of course still have a 'hub' in the centre of the park to later move between lands, its just not your first entry to the park. The centre hub can also be somewhere to house attractions outside of a land for smaller IPs or maybe just IPs that arent appropriate for large lands. Its feels like this way you can turn a single park into a multiple day(s) experience and can create multiple icons and reveals for the park with ease.

Other than this, the only unique thing I can think of is having the landscape of the park being some kind of mountain range encompassing the entire park that you transport into or through to enter each land. This seemed a better idea when it seemed we were looking at LOTR, Dragons, Zelda etc. I still like the idea of a central transport area with different methods of taking you to each land.

That’s sounds like a nightmare crowd control wise. You’d need to be able to go from land to land as well
But why? The principle works for Diagon and they were preparing to do it with SNW. As long as the entrances and exit paths are sensibly wide enough (and the "hub" large enough) there's no real reason it couldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.