Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

Huh? I’m confused at this statement. Why would they advertise closing SoB’s loading station like that?

It’s either Vortex (the wording on the sign seems to hint at this being the case “air is eerily calm” “one of our own”) or Firehawk. Sorta weird that one of them will go before Invertigo. That coaster needs to be closed and removed as soon as possible.

There's nothing pointing at this point to Vortex while they've already called out the SoB load station several times in the pre-copperhead strike media blitz.

There's nothing pointing at this point to Vortex while they've already called out the SoB load station several times in the pre-copperhead strike media blitz.

Okay, but you’re still missing my main point. Why in the world would they advertise the closure of a mostly unused building? The only thing that the station is used for is Halloween events. Otherwise, no one in the GP knows it’s there. It wouldn’t make any sense.

For the Vortex part, there is clues pointing to Vortex closing. “Alt is eerily calm” almost as if there’s a lack of a Vortex. “One of our own” Vortex, unlike Firehawk, is a KI original. Vortex is on prime real estate. It’s extremely rough. That back section of the park is pretty dead. And they’re building Antique Cars right next door to it. They might try to redo that whole back section of the park.

KI Central is fairly convinced that it is Firehawk. I could see that due to low capacity and poor reliability. Plus, that would fit in with other comments about the giga's location. Invertigo is at the front and well placed for the giga, which would have to thread between The Bat and Banshee.

KI Central is fairly convinced that it is Firehawk. I could see that due to low capacity and poor reliability. Plus, that would fit in with other comments about the giga's location. Invertigo is at the front and well placed for the giga, which would have to thread between The Bat and Banshee.

Makes sense with the phrase “the skies”.

Yeah it's clear it's one of those, smart decision is Firehawk, but most likely decision will be Vortex.

Putting money on Firehawk now.

Interestingly, a vortex would be turbulent air and one of the names on the tombstones (a Polish name) was a guy who studied vortexes. The announcement talks about how the air is calm now. So, I'm not so sure now, although Cedar Fair loves to give misleading clues. I would still place money on Firehawk due to its lack of reliability and low capacity. Vortex is one of my least favorite rides at KI due to its roughness but I would still rather see it stay than Firehawk. Plus, Firehawk's paint job is failing and exposing the old color scheme from when it was X-Flight at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure (which is where I first rode this coaster).

FYI - Credit for the vortex and Polish names goes to KI Central who figured that stuff out.

Man, I wish it was Vortex. Firehawk is a great ride.

I'm not as big a fan of Firehawk because it always felt like it was slow through the elements and you spent as much time on your back as in the flying position.

Vortex is painful, though, and nothing changes that fact. I hate to take rides out of parks as it is hard to get them in to begin with. However, sometimes you have to say, "Wow, that ride just isn't doing anything for us." I went pretty much every week, usually on a Monday/Tuesday and a couple times later in the week (due to early week rainouts). Can't tell you the number of times that all rides had a line except for Vortex. I would hear the coaster running and there might be four people on the train. Due to its location, it has no reason why it doesn't have a line except that it is simply not popular. It is located in the center, is easily reachable (unlike The Bat which entails a good pair of walking shoes and possibly a sack lunch before you reach it), but is just rough.

I wouldn't mind, at some point in the near future, that Vortex would be taken out and either a floorless multi-looper be added or another twisting wood coaster. That location is prime real estate.

FIREHAWK WILL NEVER DIE! :lol:

yeeea that makes me think even less of an idea like that.

It'd be a incredibly stupid move for KK, especially when all of their stuff at this point hasn't seemed that much expensive (atleast from what I can tell) to operate and handle.

A Vekoma flyer, is all bounds of trouble.

I honestly have nothing else to say than,

9LKMmMM.gif

yeeea that makes me think even less of an idea like that.

It'd be a incredibly stupid move for KK, especially when all of their stuff at this point hasn't seemed that much expensive (atleast from what I can tell) to operate and handle.

A Vekoma flyer, is all bounds of trouble.

I honestly have nothing else to say than,

9LKMmMM.gif

They could probably have a new coaster (not necessarily a Flying Dutchman) for the same cost and have reliability and capacity. Only way this makes sense is if KI just gave them the coaster and paid a little for shipping.