Kings Island General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Kings Island General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that this is going to be a nice addition. The park could use some more tame rides, including a new dark ride. Plus, the area that the antique cars will be located in is kind of a dead space between the Wave Swinger and Windseeker. Put some trees in and other nice landscaping touches and it will be a fun "catch your breath" ride. It would have been nice if they had stated anything about redoing the Racer but, since it is a repair, they probably didn't feel like mentioning it (if it even happens).

Not gonna happen as long as CF owns KI. They don't want to cannibalize Cedar Point.
I'm pretty sure CP isn't concerned about a Giga at it's sister park like that, even in the same state. They've only built 3 others, one of which eclipsed it in height, and 2 of those 3 arguably better (than MF) according to a good deal of enthusiasts. If that were the case however, why build Banshee? They could have gotten an SLC instead. Why build Diamondback? A much better hyper (by a different manufacturer yes).

I really don’t see KI adding a giga any time soon. It would be too similar to Diamondback, no matter what layout it has.
To be fair, Fury and Intimidator are almost completely different. As I said before, Fury has a twister layout. Intimidator is more airtime focused. But Diamondback is a mixture of both of a twister and a airtime machine, so a giga isn't going to be much different.
Just something to note: BGW is also getting a giga in 2020, and I don’t see B&M building two. One could be an Intamin/Mack, and the other could be a B&M.

Interesting to see how this thread has gone....lol
Complete denial to being on-board now. Let's just hope that document is real. I have no reason to think it isn't. A Giga makes the most sense compared to a Dive or Wing, which have been built in more recent years at CP, and Holiday World nearby. Since they have the hyper and invert, the only open left really is a sit down or floorless model. Since CF is getting rid of Standups (and that one hasn't been built new since 1999), I doubt we'll see that revival any time soon. I wouldn't mind a new floorless take the place of Vortex...that thing is brutal and couldn't wait to get off.

As far as the new addition...
The whole "tease campaign" was fun to watch overall. I'm a bit late chiming in, but I have on other sites. I know many die-hard KI fans and some enthusiasts were severely disappointed with what was announced. The problem is most of them made themselves believe the park was giving these hints and teases when in fact it was enthusiasts making up pipe dreams. To fuel the flames even more were local news stations picking up on these pipe dreams and running with them.

The park posted twice on FB in regards to something coming in 2019. The first was when they invited Park guests to a special announcement at the Festhaus the DAY BEFORE and the other was a reminder of the previous post the day of. Anyone who has any knowledge of how these things works would or should have known better than to think they would be announcing much more than the Antique cars, flat ride or other general enhancements. Also considering there is no major clearing going on (besides for the dorms and a small area where the dinos were), markings on coaster footings or other signs a new coaster (like trademarks, permits, etc), especially large scale, was coming for 2019.

It's even sadder that when you bring these facts to those who are so upset with this, they can't handle it and still think they deserve better than some antique cars. These spoiled children have no idea what it's like to have to wait year after year and sometimes decades to get a coaster. They just got Mystic Timbers last year for goodness sake. I understand they felt a bit thrown away with only getting a new restaurant, but that's more than some parks got in the chain at all (looking at Michigan's Adventure). Not every park can just keep throwing up new rides they have a hard time staffing to begin with every year. All this entitlement is too much...lol

(BTW I didn't post this at anyone in particular...just a general review of the "storm" I've witnessed since Thursday's announcement.)

Reactions: Magic-Man
It could be a dive-coaster, but I just don’t see it. First of all, where would it go? You’d have to build an entirely new area for it to fit (unless they demolished Vortex, which isn’t happening). Secondly, CF wouldn’t build two dive-coasters in two years, especially with how big Yukon Striker is. And, lastly, it wouldn’t be a record breaker like KI would want it to be.

Meanwhile, they can go big with the giga. And KI did request a giga model back in 2017, according to Reddit.

I honestly think a Dive wouldn't be a good choice, given how close Kings is from Cedar Point.

It'd honestly be pointless IMO.

I also think that a giga coaster would be far more popular and have higher capacity. Diamondback remains one of the most popular coasters at the park over Banshee. I think that Banshee's location hurts it a little but people seem to prefer non-looping speed coasters more than loopers. Plus, a giga provides a longer ride and more payoff for a wait, if done well. I don't necessarily want them to go with a Leviathan style as that is just Behemoth on steroids.

I don’t think it’s Vortex. Everything has pointed to the old SoB load.

Huh? I’m confused at this statement. Why would they advertise closing SoB’s loading station like that?

It’s either Vortex (the wording on the sign seems to hint at this being the case “air is eerily calm” “one of our own”) or Firehawk. Sorta weird that one of them will go before Invertigo. That coaster needs to be closed and removed as soon as possible.

Reactions: Freak