Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

I would honestly not call a Giga an "Upgraded Version" of DiamondBack.

And to be honest, an Infinity Coaster like the one at Knotts (or a Single Rail RMC like RailBlazer at CGA), wouldn't hold a candle to the power of seeing a huge coaster like a Giga (like Fury, Levi, or if you look at PortAdventura; Shambhala).

I mean, giga's and hypers are pretty much the same thing. Mostly airtime, maybe some turns, that's it. The only difference is the height.

Again, I don't have a problem with giga's. But why get an upgraded version of something you already have, when you could get something new?

Considering Fury 325 is considered one of the best roller coasters on the planet, I hardly think Carowinds saw their giga as just a mere "upgraded version".

Kings Island has a pretty great lineup already, a giga is one of the few things it's missing.

I mean, giga's and hypers are pretty much the same thing. Mostly airtime, maybe some turns, that's it. The only difference is the height.

To add on to what @Ryan has mentioned; I've had the chance to talk to people who have given a high praise to Fury, with most of them not giving much in the complaints department.

A Fury-like Giga, could be iconic for Kings Island, especially if it's themed off of Son of Beast's legacy in a way.

Considering Fury 325 is considered one of the best roller coasters on the planet, I hardly think Carowinds saw their giga as just a mere "upgraded version".

Kings Island has a pretty great lineup already, a giga is one of the few things it's missing.

To be fair, Fury and Intimidator are almost completely different. As I said before, Fury has a twister layout. Intimidator is more airtime focused. But Diamondback is a mixture of both of a twister and a airtime machine, so a giga isn't going to be much different.

To be fair, Fury and Intimidator are almost completely different. As I said before, Fury has a twister layout. Intimidator is more airtime focused. But Diamondback is a mixture of both of a twister and a airtime machine, so a giga isn't going to be much different.

Diamondback is not that much about speed, though. If KI's giga is the speed demon that Fury is, through a much, much longer course thru the forest, that would be a decidedly different intense experience.

I’ve heard I305 is great :lol: and the park doesn’t need a giga, imo. A wing coaster, a dive coaster, an RMC, or a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster would be better than a giga in KI. Don’t get me wrong, giga’s are great, but KI doesn’t need one.

As someone who’s visited THIS YEAR to KD, KI, and CP I can say a Giga would be a great addition. You’re making a lot of assumptions here on the design. Back away and open up your mind some.

But hey what about RM....

Oh

As someone who’s visited THIS YEAR to KD, KI, and CP I can say a Giga would be a great addition. You’re making a lot of assumptions here on the design. Back away and open up your mind some.

But hey what about RM....

Oh

Oh God. That's....what, the second wheel to come off a coaster at a CF park in a week? Prowler at World's of Fun had a wheel come off a couple of days ago.

Diamondback is not that much about speed, though. If KI's giga is the speed demon that Fury is, through a much, much longer course thru the forest, that would be a decidedly different intense experience.

Diamondback has speed but it is more of an airtime machine. It would be awesome to have a giga that mixed airtime and then twists and turns, even low to the ground at some points. Plus, I think a giga is a good add as they are reliable. B&M coasters are dependable. Intamin would be iffy with Cedar Fair's history.

Diamondback has speed but it is more of an airtime machine. It would be awesome to have a giga that mixed airtime and then twists and turns, even low to the ground at some points. Plus, I think a giga is a good add as they are reliable. B&M coasters are dependable. Intamin would be iffy with Cedar Fair's history.

Just something to note: BGW is also getting a giga in 2020, and I don’t see B&M building two. One could be an Intamin/Mack, and the other could be a B&M.

Why wouldn't B&M build two gigas in a year? That makes zero sense. They do the job they're contracted for. No manufacturer ever goes, "Yep, just one, just one coaster a year!"

I think it's time to just accept that this may end up being one, and it may not! We're pretty far off but it's not impossible.

Why wouldn't B&M build two gigas in a year? That makes zero sense. They do the job they're contracted for. No manufacturer ever goes, "Yep, just one, just one coaster a year!"

I think it's time to just accept that this may end up being one, and it may not! We're pretty far off but it's not impossible.

Plus, the construction crew would be different. Turner vs Apollo or some other construction company. Basically, B&M just does the engineering part. Only real delay might come from getting track/supports made at the Batavia plant.

And that would hardly be a delay since B&M manufactures similar track for most of their coasters, hardly would think two gigas would slow them down with their past experience. Remember that this was a company that started out manufacturing nearly four to five inverted coasters a year!

It sounds like Cedar Fair is having....*puts on sunglasses* ...a wheely bad week.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

giphy.gif

Oh God. That's....what, the second wheel to come off a coaster at a CF park in a week? Prowler at World's of Fun had a wheel come off a couple of days ago.

Hmmm...and I wonder why attendance & revenue are down at Cedar Fair parks?

It sounds like Cedar Fair is having....*puts on sunglasses* ...a wheely bad week.

Fixed that, and get out. ;)

Tomorrow marks the start of Cedar getting their 2019 announcements out there. Hopefully in the next few weeks, things can come a tiny bit clearer to what Kings Island is teasing.

Fixed that, and get out. ;)

Tomorrow marks the start of Cedar getting their 2019 announcements out there. Hopefully in the next few weeks, things can come a tiny bit clearer to what Kings Island is teasing.

My guess is a retracking of Racer for 2019. I would love for it to be more but I just don't see it happening. However, I've been wrong before. Like, once. The 2020 coaster is where the big money is placing a giga and so there won't be any announcements until next year. Those are where I'm placing my bets.

Would I like a new coaster? Yes, please. However, I would have thought that site prep would have started if the coaster was to be open next year.

Supposedly, an announcement is going to be made tomorrow at 2:00.

Per WCPO.com, ""We can't tell you much, but what we can tell you is that something old will be new again," Kings Island wrote in an email to reporters ahead of the announcement."