Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

And a bit more, and the more..dissapointed I am of what's coming in the wake of Marvel..at-least, for California and Tokyo (and to a lesser extent, Hong Kong and Orlando).

There is a lot they can do, even for IP's like Big Hero 6 and Guardians, and here we are to having:

• Stark Tours (HKDL)
  • Buzz-Man & The Wasp (HKDL)
  • Baymax's Swirling Pods (TDL)
  • Guardians of Terror (DCA) [I am going to be..probably wrong on that though when I actually ride the damn thing]
With some respect to Guardians, it is bringing a completely new ride system into play..with the cost of making no sense for Epcot. And here we are now, with the possibility that it may just be a Toy Story knockoff, a small show, and an indoor dark-coaster.

@Mad Dog puts it best, it's becoming more and more like how they were planning to with Pottah, underwhelming and a misuse of what they could do.

WDW Disney fans always dreaming 'if only they had all the rights to Marvel". Hell, they don't take advantage of the rights they do have. Their Marvel efforts are as underwhelming as the ideas they described to Rowling for Potter. :lol:
I mean this looks pretty cool...
shjgfjhgir987987063.jpg

FWIW, the insider conversations I've had have only had glowing things to say about the Avengers E. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet...

At this point Disney's owned Marvel for 9 years, since then Disney has "built" only one attraction around the property.
...and then there was a domestic recession. And then Imagineering had their hands full with a whole new park in Shanghai, in addition to Cars land, Pandora, SWL, and bunch of other stuff. You really can't blame them for only now getting started. With HKDL, DLP, DCA, and WDW all getting Marvel attractions in the coming years, they're finally off to the races.

I mean, it hasn't stopped a large growth of expansion for Universal Parks and Resorts, for three of it's four parks, ontop of them working on a big endeavor like Beijing.. :eek:O:

Avengers, should be a treat; but they should've done more with the Marvel IP by now, especially with Phase 3 ending in less than a year at this point.

They could've easily started right back up after DCA's 2.0, and to focus on characters that would be in Phase 2, and would've had the chance to prepare DCA for Galaxy's Edge.

I mean, it hasn't stopped a large growth of expansion for Universal Parks and Resorts, for three of it's four parks, ontop of them working on a big endeavor like Beijing.. :eek:O:
Comparing the worldwide development of Disney's parks versus Universal is not in Universal's favor. Beijing is also mostly duplicates of existing attractions versus Shanghai that is mostly unique, thus Shanghai required a lot more creative resources. It also helped that Universal launched Hogsmeade in 2010 right in the middle of the recession, giving them a lucky boost.

Say what you want about them taking a long time to get Marvel into the parks. But 1. Without WDW helping to share the costs it's immediately less of a priority 2. They've busied themselves with a colossal amount of other endeavors 3. The stuff they have in the works are all next-level stuff. FWIW, comparing the Spiderman D-ticket to TSMM is not the appropriate comparison. MMRR with shooters is more appropriate.

Last edited:
And yet here we are, with Universal expanding with the big three of the parks in major ways.

Hogsmeade was a bounce back, but then Hollywood and Osaka began to receive the benefits of Comcast, along with Orlando pouring in more money with large additions. And I am not even talking about the land acquisitions when speaking of that.

Meanwhile, Disneyland Paris Resort has been focusing more on the bankruptcy and fixing the main park, Hong Kong Disneyland took a 3 year cool-down period after Mystic Manor, and Orlando hasn't even made massive expansions to their three sub-parks until more recently. And while Tokyo hasn't done much, they have added Star Tours 2 and a Mini-Toy Story land in TDS as they work on 2020.

And as of now, Marvel is going to be AFTER the opening of GE, and the only substantial things since Carsland..is an permanent overlay of Paradise Pier, and Mission Breakout (edit: oh, and a replacement of the original Luigi's attraction in Cars Land).

Last edited:
And yet here we are, with Universal expanding with the big three of the parks in major ways.

Hogsmeade was a bounce back, but then Hollywood and Osaka began to receive the benefits of Comcast, along with Orlando pouring in more money with large additions. And I am not even talking about the land acquisitions when speaking of that.

Meanwhile, Disneyland Paris Resort has been focusing more on the bankruptcy and fixing the main park, Hong Kong Disneyland took a 3 year cool-down period after Mystic Manor, and Orlando hasn't even made massive expansions to their three sub-parks until more recently. And while Tokyo hasn't done much, they have added Star Tours 2 and a Mini-Toy Story land in TDS as they work on 2020.

And as of now, Marvel is going to be AFTER the opening of GE, and the only substantial things since Carsland..is an permanent overlay of Paradise Pier, and Mission Breakout (edit: oh, and a replacement of the original Luigi's attraction in Cars Land).
Both Disney and Universal are stepping up their game right now. But, to pretend that Universal has done more than Disney on a GLOBAL level since Hogsmeade opened is just not the case. Disney has been investing, just not very much in Orlando...until relatively recently.

The Avengers E-ticket in DCA will be a huge coaster.

The Guardians E-ticket in Epcot will be a huge coaster.

I can’t be the only one thinking that the new Avengers ride will be a retheme of Epcot’s Guardians, right?

The only thing making me think different is that the Guardians building is a monster and will ruin sightlines from RSR.

The only thing making me think different is that the Guardians building is a monster and will ruin sightlines from RSR.
Tower was already ruining the sightlines. There's really no way to hide it without killing the forced perspective in Cars land.
The last thing Disney cares about these days are sight lines. It's sad but that's no longer something worth accommodating to them.
They're selective. They've gone out of their way for SWGE, for example. You shouldn't even be able to see fireworks within the land, for instance.

Tower was already ruining the sightlines. There's really no way to hide it without killing the forced perspective in Cars land.

They're selective. They've gone out of their way for SWGE, for example. You shouldn't even be able to see fireworks within the land, for instance.

I was thinking about Mission Breakout but that's kind of off to the side, if they go for a similar thing to Guardians at Epcot, then it will be right behind the fake mountains for RSR.

marvel dca.JPG

Sorry, I meant firing "up" the DISH.

DISH stands for Digital Immersive Showroom. It's a room/system at Imagineering in Glendale and their office in WDW at Epcot to ride through attractions, experience a land virtually, and examine any sightline problems, among other things. Here's a video of a ride through in the room of the Incredicoaster and walk-through of TSL.

Can't believe my Churro stand phase 2 idea was better than the actual planned phase 1!

What I find odd here is they are using Spidey in this way. I'd have thought they would want to make the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at IOA look old, but based on the sounds of this they are happy to play second fiddle to a ride which will be 20 years old when Disney open their version.

So do we think the Avengers ride will be different to the one planned for Hong Kong and eventually Paris? Because the Paris version will sit right next to an Iron Man rollercoaster so I'm not so certain it will be a coaster.