Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Europa Park

It's not clear to why this is something happening; but one thing is for certain: It's one of, if not the largest expansions in amusement history.
Was there more in the article other than the new train/tram? going over the Rhine to France. The new large addition with the new Hotel and Rulantica will be open next year. Is this something else?

Was there more in the article other than the new train/tram? going over the Rhine to France. The new large addition with the new Hotel and Rulantica will be open next year. Is this something else?

There wasn't anything else really mentioned in it, outside of the Cable transport.

The cable car installation, is huge for a myriad of reasons. It's the first time that an active relationship like this was done, to connect a theme park with another country altogether. Could it mean something more in the future? Possibly, but as of now, this is seeming to be on transportation more than a theme park.

There wasn't anything else really mentioned in it, outside of the Cable transport.

The cable car installation, is huge for a myriad of reasons. It's the first time that an active relationship like this was done, to connect a theme park with another country altogether. Could it mean something more in the future? Possibly, but as of now, this is seeming to be on transportation more than a theme park.

I follow Michael Mack on Twitter and he was taking about German/French partnership etc. My German sucks so I could only get some of the Tweet. They have put a lot into the Parks and the new Hotel and Scandinavian Themed Water Park look fantastic. But, as noted, there is virtually nothing on the French side(unless you live there) so somewhat of a mystery. Will keep checking as new info is released. Super happy they are rebuilding Pirates of Batavia as it was before the fire..

Here is the English translated version
Rust - The Europa-Park in Rust near Freiburg plans to build a cable car to France.

This should lead across the Rhine and connect the neighboring country with Germany, said the park's managing director, Michael Mack. The goal is to relieve the burden on the streets despite increasing visitor numbers and to make it easier for the French to travel to neighboring countries. A cable car is suitable for this purpose as a fast and ecological means of transport. In addition, in Alsace, just a few kilometers from Rust, could be an ecological holiday village with hotels and other accommodation. Investments in the double-digit million range are planned, said Mack (39) of the dpa. The project will be financed by his company. He does not expect state subsidies. If the project were approved by the authorities of both countries, it could be tackled in the next five years. The aim is also to create more jobs permanently in Alsace.

Around 1.3 of the 5.6 million visitors to the amusement park annually came from France. In addition, nearly 1,000 employees of the park commuted from Alsace to Rust. With the opening of an additional water park in Rust, these figures would increase significantly from next year. A direct connection by cable car reduces the traffic load and the number of large parking areas in and around Rust.

Also interesting

"It's a big-icon project," Mack said. "A shared cable car, which overcomes the Rhine and thus the border, would be a strong sign for the growing together of both countries and for a common Europe." For about 3.5 kilometers by cable car passengers needed about seven minutes. The railway will be in operation all year round. The gondolas would be heated in winter.

Has anyone attended their Halloween event Traumatica? Just wanted some feedback to see if it was worthwhile.

Just some notes about the park since Covid. First time back in two years and since Pirates of Batavia burned down and was rebuilt. The new Pirates is amazing.
You really have to see it multiple times to catch every amazing detail. Very busy yesterday but hope a little slower today cuz weekend over. New hotel Kronasar is beautiful. Can even have reindeer steaks for dinner Just now looking out our window watching a giant roomba cutting the huge lawn . Cool. They are building another coaster(think that will be 13) but the park is so big they don't dominate the park. Just glad to be back to our second favorite park.

Just another note. Mack has opened a VR experience at
Europapark called Yullbe.
It's a completely immersive VR ,experience which I could easily see Uni
Adopting considering their relationship with Mack. It is awesome.
YULLBE.DE

So there's a very good possibility I will be able to visit this park in September! Super excited as this park has been very high on my bucket list! Anyone have any tips that may be helpful for visiting this park? I'm gonna try to shoot for two days here.

So I was at Europa last Monday, and wow, what an *incredible* park. Easily my #2 park in the world currently, just behind Disneyland. The only reason I put it behind Disneyland is, for me, the park is really missing a statement attraction. Nothing really rises above "very good" IMO, but everything there is baseline good, so it has an incredible batting average.

Some highlights:
-ARTHUR is probably the closest the park has to that "killer app". A great ride system, really fun dark ride scenes, and the flyover of the indoor area is awesome.
-WODAN is a really good GCI. Love the Valkyrie statues in the station, and a nice, long ride.
-Blue Fire Mega Coaster is...kinda lame outside of a Mosasaur-like inversion at the end of the ride. Can't say this one had me all that hyped for Epic Universe's two big coasters being MACKs instead of Intamins.
-Pirates of Batavia is a really, really good dark boat ride. Some cool effects and scenes for sure.
-There's just so many rides in every nook and cranny of the park. I found a random set of stairs with just a simple sign above them that took me to a dark ride made to promote their water park, which was a simple busbar ride that ended with a (less elaborate) ROTR type simulator segment. And there are just so many other examples of this. Rides on top of rides. It's overwhelming.
-Food was okay at best, but nothing was bad.
-The park itself was beautiful. So many waterfeatures, fountains, and random animatronic scenes set up around the pathways.

Overall, the park is just overwhelming in the amount of rides and attractions it has. I was there for a full day and did about a quarter of all the rides in the park. Just an insane amount of stuff to do. I wish it wasn't in another country, because man I would love to spend a long weekend here to do the park a few days and do the Rulantica water park. Highly recommend going to Europa if you have the chance.