Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 402 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, obviously that's what they would do.

It's just a question of IF they will do it if the FB series' appeal dwindles further with the third movie.
Universal definetly will have something Harry Potter or Fantastic Beast related. It’s there biggest money maker right now.

It’s James Cameron. People will go see it regardless. Also, the sequels will bring back interest. If anything the Avatar Land has helped Avatar will consistent interest on the IP.

I don’t think 3 more movies will work. It’s all building up to the fight between Dumbledore and Grindelwald and if the next two are like this one it’ll just feel like filler. Honestly, if this was the story she wanted to tell, Dumbledore should’ve been the main character.

Also, she needs to pay more attention to her own universes continuity. It’s sad when this stuff happens and the fans have to point it out.

Reactions: belloq87
Amazing how you know all these things for a fact.
The only thing I said that would be considered a biased opinion is that the “sequels will do well.” Everything else I stated will most likely happen or agreed on.
1. “Nobody cares about Avatar.” Yes, I agreed. Now, having said that. I do believe there are still a minority of people that are still interested.
2. “People will start caring again with the sequels.” This is called marketing. Promote your project to gain interest. Not very hard when the first movie is the biggest film of all time, moneywise, and has an entire land at the most popular theme park resort in the world.
3. “Disney will promote it in Pandora.” This is a fact.
4. “Sequels will do well.” Like I said earlier. I am biased. But, let’s look at the past. First movie was a huge success. Pandora has been successful. James Cameron has never made a bad film critically.
5. “James Cameron is known for passing expectations and surprising people.” Terminator 2, Aliens, Titanic, and of course Avatar. Nobody thought Titanic would do well. Nobody thought Avatar would be the biggest financial hit in film.

I have faith that the sequels will do well.

Reactions: |Q|
Never, ever... EVER doubt James Cameron. His entire career from 1989-onward is defined by people thinking he's about to release an incredibly expensive bomb, only for the movies to hit.
No one is saying anything about the quality of the movies. It’s that no one cares about Avatar. If you asked 1000 people inside Pandora to name two characters from the movie I would say less than 10% could. Probably even less than 5%. People don’t have to be super fans of an IP for it to make a good theme park land is what I’m saying.

Reactions: HPFred
No one is saying anything about the quality of the movies. It’s that no one cares about Avatar. If you asked 1000 people inside Pandora to name two characters from the movie I would say less than 10% could. Probably even less than 5%. People don’t have to be super fans of an IP for it to make a good theme park land is what I’m saying.
To say that NOBODY cares about Avatar as a fact just simply isn’t true. I know plenty of people who excited for the sequels because there James Cameron fans.

Okay, but when Disney announced AVATAR was coming to the parks, we were only a couple of years removed from it being the HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME (unadjusted for inflation). We can argue about its cultural relevance now, but it made total sense at the time if we're just talking box office.

If you remove the explicit Harry Potter connection to the FANTASTIC BEASTS movies, it's far from indisputable that they've earned a place in theme parks at this stage. More Potter/generic Wizarding World stuff? Absolutely. But specifically FB-branded stuff? I think we need to see better legs from the movies going forward.

ETA: And please note, I want to see a "Newt's Magical Menagerie" dark ride with tons of creature AAs, for example. I'd love it. All I'm saying is that I don't think it's by any means a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: WebHead1138
I’m 28. I’m the same age as the potter cast. I grew up alongside them in age and read/watched every single Harry Potter book/movie when it first came out. I first visited WWofHP in 2011. I’m a huge HP fan. But, I haven’t even seen/read and have zero interest in watching the Fantasic Beast series. I know I’m not in the minority in this. This should not have a presence in the new park. Just my humble opinion.

I do think you are actually in the minority on this one. I think most HP fans plan on seeing Fantastic Beasts at some point whether it be the Theater or at Home. Every HP fan I know (and I'm the same age range) is excited about it/seen it already.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDBLMT and Mad Dog
I would be very surprised if FB doesn’t end up in Park 3. Considering it is an outside property and would require an agreement between WB/Comcast, and I’ve been told it’s a lock, I’d imagine there’s no backing out now.
I think it could still happen but I imagine Universal will want to brand it as a WWoHP experience as opposed to a separate FB experience.

WWoHP:FB makes sense if that is the plan.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.