Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not seen any Universal adverts on tv in ages here.
Same. I used to see them all the time. I'm also not seeing the targeted social ads I used to see all the time. I'm not really sure why the Parks division even has a Marketing and Publicity department at this point. What exactly do they do all day? Is it just 50 people having conference calls discussing all the creative ways they can not advertise something?

Marketing Executive 1: "Ok and I'm thinking in about a year, we'll release a blog post about cryptic things we'll be revealing by the end of the year. And THEN... wait for it... we won't actually reveal those things. It's genius!"
Marketing Executive 2: "Perfect. Also, you know that one piece of concept art we paid our art vendor 20k to create? Well that fan site jumped the gun so we're thinking we just stay quiet and not release it on any of our official social channels."
Marketing Executive 1: "Good idea. Should we come up with a name for either of our next two attractions since they're opening in less than 6 months?
Marketing Executive 2: "I'm hungry. Let's go to lunch"

The ads are pretty targeted. If you're not seeing them in your area they may be targeting a different area at this time. I've noticed when it hits here it hits hard with a commercial every break and then go dormant again for a while.

It surprises me in the great update from Dan (aka Midway Mayhem) how bleak the front of the abbey looks. It has almost a ghostly color with rust on it. Very confusing. As stated before it looks like they are going for a stucco effect but that is only used for interiors of these kind of buildings. Maybe that final part is the actual inside of the abbey but that part is destroyed.
49592336_2260715537507385_6568258043702673408_o.jpg

Reactions: Scott W. and Ryno27
It surprises me in the great update from Dan (aka Midway Mayhem) how bleak the front of the abbey looks. It has almost a ghostly color with rust on it. Very confusing. As stated before it looks like they are going for a stucco effect but that is only used for interiors of these kind of buildings. Maybe that final part is the actual inside of the abbey but that part is destroyed.
49592336_2260715537507385_6568258043702673408_o.jpg

I'm getting a ghostly colour from this as well and I can't pin where I've seen it before. Maybe Haunted Mansion with the lights on?

I have a feeling we'll know the name of this coaster within the next 24 hours.

I'm getting a ghostly colour from this as well and I can't pin where I've seen it before. Maybe Haunted Mansion with the lights on?

I have a feeling we'll know the name of this coaster within the next 24 hours.
See you’re starting the new year a hopeful person.

Colors go on in multiple steps/layers to give a more detailed look. Like watching Bob Ross when it seems he just messed up the whole painting, then a few minutes later you figure out where he was going with it...

(what I mean is base coats can often look deceiving of what's intended for final coats)

Last edited:
Universal usually make a blog post about the year ahead. With this and the T2 replacement the only thing we know coming, they need to announce something.

Universal usually make a blog post about the year ahead. With this and the T2 replacement the only thing we know coming, they need to announce something.
They'll announce that they're going to make an announcement soon....Also, have you used our hashtag for the year?

Ok lets play some ball here.

Mardi Gras starts in February and runs till April, I don't think they'd announce this and T2 replacement during that time. April would be too late to announce something opening a few months later, so I'm betting we'll get something in January that gives us a name, some more concept art, a teaser description, and a timeframe (aka Summer 2019).

They'll announce that they're going to make an announcement soon....Also, have you used our hashtag for the year?

What’s the hashtag?

Mardi Gras starts in February and runs till April, I don't think they'd announce this and T2 replacement during that time. April would be too late to announce something opening a few months later, so I'm betting we'll get something in January that gives us a name, some more concept art, a teaser description, and a timeframe (aka Summer 2019).

Did Universal ever post about the only concept art out there for this?

Colors go on in multiple steps/layers to give a more detailed look. Like watching Bob Ross when it seems he just messed up the whole painting, then a few minutes later you figure out where he was going with it...
I know but the pale color and the brown rust stain color on top of it makes it look like the ground layer is done. Also it's hugely different from the other moss and gray stone process. So yes it may not be done but it will be hugely different from the rest.

So then fesibly, they should announce both of them by before February. But then, that leaves the question of RTU to also consider..

My guess, and it's only that..we will see one of the two announced in the next week or two, and then the one that isn't given the proper announcement, is revealed shortly in-between the timeframe of RTU and Mardi Gras.

Status
Not open for further replies.