Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 442 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took 10 years to get to this point and all they have to show is a simulation with bad driving. Still be another year+ before they finish the plans and actually start.

I heard they spent nearly $1Million and a good chunk of that time studying the behavior of drunk drivers to get the authenticity just right for that white SUV thing in the beginning. Then with the motion capture, rendering time...

Yeah, I still expect the roadwork to mostly be done by mid-2022 to early-2023 and for the theme park to open in mid-2023. I don't see any changes to those timelines yet. Maybe things could be ready a bit sooner, but there doesn't seem to be any delays yet.

Allocating further time is expected.

I completely agree with this being the intended timeline. One of the requirements for the Florida Job Growth Grant funding discussed in the Sentinel article is that projects must be finished within five years of the final agreement, so I'm guessing that that is where the five years comment is coming from, not that they actually expect it to take five years to build.

This is a City of Orlando project, it's gonna take them until 2025 even if they start tomorrow :lol:

It's an Orange County and FDOT project, not the City of Orlando.

Its not YA like the Host, Mortal engines, and all the dystopian novels. Its Wicked meets Shrek meets Mean girls YA which do rather well.
So, it's YA in a vein similar to Mortal Instruments, Beautiful Creatures, Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson...

Those all did well.

I'm a sucker for YA movies. My wife and I write YA fiction. We follow the craze closely. The craze is dying.

So, it's YA in a vein similar to Mortal Instruments, Beautiful Creatures, Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson...

Those all did well.

I'm a sucker for YA movies. My wife and I write YA fiction. We follow the craze closely. The craze is dying.
Percy Jackson was a good book brought down by terrible movie adaptions. Still pissed about that.

I don't feel the roadway completion will be an issue. Universal should be able to get by with what's there now, some road enhancements, and the continuing road work when they initially open the park, and possibly a hotel and a CitiWalk type area with the first phase. Additional phases of more hotels, parking garage, maybe waterpark and additional entertainment, etc. will probably time in at about the same time the final road and interchange areas are completed.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.