Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey's Philharmagic (DCA)

Well this is surprising news, and I do like this show...

BUT....unless they renovated the theater for the giant screen, proscenium, effects...the old muppetvision theater just won't work for it.

But considering that didn't stop them from putting the show in DLP's Honey, I Shrunk the audience theater with the smaller screen and no effects...this doesn't bode well.

Nice! I like that show. This is a nice surprise that came out of nowhere.

How long has the theater been under the knife? They could've easily just added to the screen.

PhilharMagic is easily my favorite 3D film so i'm glad Disneyland is getting it. There's been rumors for a few years now that WDW's version would get an update... I wonder if this was the way to pay for it? Will this be the same film or new?

PhilharMagic is easily my favorite 3D film so i'm glad Disneyland is getting it. There's been rumors for a few years now that WDW's version would get an update... I wonder if this was the way to pay for it? Will this be the same film or new?

With how Paris just got the film, with it just being the same film from what Orlando and Tokyo has; we would likely get knowing of them doing a new film for this.

Could we see a new version down the line? Potentially, but I am going to be..pessimistic about this.

They're already putting forth their efforts in new films, with the China Circlevision and Awesome Planet; so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility..but if I were WDW, I would want to vouch for an exclusivity window if they update it.

You know, at a certain point, one has to ask... why not just bring back the Muppets? Did they mothball any of that infrastructure or was it destroyed?

Philharmagic is a great film and I'm excited to see this theater have a real "attraction," but there's no way it'll enjoy its intended presentation in the smaller theater.

You know, at a certain point, one has to ask... why not just bring back the Muppets? Did they mothball any of that infrastructure or was it destroyed?

Philharmagic is a great film and I'm excited to see this theater have a real "attraction," but there's no way it'll enjoy its intended presentation in the smaller theater.
They're bringing in Philhar bc of Mickey's 90th celebration. Not certain to me that this is anything more than temporary. I do know that Muppets didn't pull crowds at DCA and I can guarantee PhilharMagic will definitely be much more of a crowd-pleaser for today's average guest. I love MuppetVision, but it's not something that the guests of today seem to want.

Hell, it struggles to pull in sizeable crowds in DHS and that's a park with limited rides.

They're bringing in Philhar bc of Mickey's 90th celebration. Not certain to me that this is anything more than temporary. I do know that Muppets didn't pull crowds at DCA and I can guarantee PhilharMagic will definitely be much more of a crowd-pleaser for today's average guest. I love MuppetVision, but it's not something that the guests of today seem to want.

Hell, it struggles to pull in sizeable crowds in DHS and that's a park with limited rides.

..I think you be confusing parks, Nick. ;)

I hope because of Disneyland.... they find ways to include all the effects. The theatre has been closed for a while hasn’t it?

...oh forgive me, I be an idiot. I thought you confused Philharmagic with DHS, and my mind's been warped a bit; so it made me think one thing and another.

I hope because of Disneyland.... they find ways to include all the effects. The theatre has been closed for a while hasn’t it?

As far as I recall, the last preview was for Nutcracker.

But even then, we likely would've had a permit at this point for alterations in the theater.

My expectations are fairly low for this. BUT The room for the Imagineer's to do something awesome is there. The reason Paris's sucks is because the venue sucks. Muppet is a huge theater, the wall's could easily be projected on, there's lots of potential. We shall see what happens.

Last edited:
So do we have an exact date on when it’s coming or is it just sometime in April?
I mean it’s coming sometime within the next month, so does it really matter all that much? It’ll be open before you know it. This year seems to be flying by as it is.