Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot Forever

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Discuss the interim show here.

epcot-forever-concept-art.jpg

An interim nighttime show will be coming to Epcot next year, entitled “Epcot Forever”. It will run in between the closing of Illuminations in late Summer 2019 and the debut of the new long term show in 2020.

Epcot Forever will include classic callbacks to Epcot Center music such as Tomorrow’s Child, Magic Journeys, and more!

New Nighttime Spectaculars & ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Sing-Along Announced for Epcot | Disney Parks Blog

Discuss the interim show here.

epcot-forever-concept-art.jpg

An interim nighttime show will be coming to Epcot next year, entitled “Epcot Forever”. It will run in between the closing of Illuminations in late Summer 2019 and the debut of the new long term show in 2020.

Epcot Forever will include classic callbacks to Epcot Center music such as Tomorrow’s Child, Magic Journeys, and more!

New Nighttime Spectaculars & ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Sing-Along Announced for Epcot | Disney Parks Blog
I'm honestly expecting the Epcot 25th and 30th anniversary fireworks haha

I haven't decided if I think that's potentially cool or potentially inappropriate for the subject matter.

I have a feeling it'll be like the Bohemian Rhapsody nighttime show at Hard Rock Park. The jet skis are pulling kites that are emitting spark/sparkler trails, it's a nice effect so I don't mind the news of them.

I haven't decided if I think that's potentially cool or potentially inappropriate for the subject matter.
I know it will be different, but the concept of something like this reminds me of the old "Skyleidoscope" show that used to happen at Epcot. Considering this show is supposed to be celebrating Epcot's history, i'd say it's more appropriate than not.

Skyleidoscope-Daytime.jpg

latest

Also, if anyone is still wondering why this show had to happen and IllumiNations couldn't just play into the new show, apparently the infrastructure for IllumiNations is on it's last legs and even if they had expedited the new show, it's deteriorated so much that Disney felt it necessary to go with an interim show while the new permanent show is getting ready.

Doesn't hurt that the show will have music from the Epcot glory days, so all the fans of the original EPCOT Center will likely enjoy this.

Cheap and easy. Remember this show is for less than a year. They need to do something unique yet cheap, exciting yet easy.

An that's gonna' be a funny/sad situation if this "cheap and easy" show ends up more well received then "Foreign-Language HEA". Which I can honestly see happening as EF could very well tug at the Epcot nostalgia heartstrings pretty hard.

I am fully prepared to end up liking Epcot Forever more than the permanent show.

Honestly, same. Epcot has given us a plethora of classic songs and attractions, so the nostalgia factor could be through the roof. Not to mention if there's a park with deep-seated nostalgia, it's this one. A nighttime show celebrating that history is far more fitting then a IP-driven show like most other ones in the resort.

I get that perspective, and even sort of share it, but at this point - given what's happening with the park - I'll take any classic Epcot nostalgia I can get.

So this is going to lean heavy on pyro which can be allocated and expanded upon more easily in the short term as well as some additional manpower for the kites? I'm just not sure what the longer term show is spending so much money on. I guess water screens that cover the whole of the lagoon viewing area would be pretty expensive but in order to really cover the viewing area with substantial fountains we are talking about a ton of fountains going to probably 400ft like the Dubai ones do if they want an impact. or a larger quantity than world of color. Drones look like they nay be a part of this show but I am not sure about them in the permanent show.