Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

The event looked like it had issues they could have improved upon and done pretty well. It probably required too great much of an upfront commitment than they were willing to see through. The event looked like it was overpriced as well. I really don't think I would personally pay so much for an event where I'm note more guaranteed to see everything. I mean its not like they had anything else to do besides the mazes really.

Probably a cost to return ratio consideration. They probably could've made an awesome, HHN competing event, but it probably just would've cost more money than WB was willing to spend.

I would've gone for $40. Anything $10 or more higher than that was the nail in the coffin. On one hand, sure it sucks there's not more competition to make HHN do better, more Haunt content out there, etc.. But literally, this saves me time and money by it just not existing.
Here's to hoping Disney gets in the game with their new Fox library now. Even something in Century City would be cool, but what I'm really hoping for is...
Come ooooon Disney Spooky Adventure!

I would've gone for $40. Anything $10 or more higher than that was the nail in the coffin. On one hand, sure it sucks there's not more competition to make HHN do better, more Haunt content out there, etc.. But literally, this saves me time and money by it just not existing.
Here's to hoping Disney gets in the game with their new Fox library now. Even something in Century City would be cool, but what I'm really hoping for is...
Come ooooon Disney Spooky Adventure!
You're dreaming if you think Disney's getting in on the Horrah game. It's just not their thing nor the audience they tend to want to cater to.

That said, it would be a big boon for attendance to DCA. It's not like Disney doesn't know how to do houses too, HKDL does a great event.

I would've gone for $40. Anything $10 or more higher than that was the nail in the coffin. On one hand, sure it sucks there's not more competition to make HHN do better, more Haunt content out there, etc.

I went. I thought that for a first year effort, it was pretty good. I enjoyed myself a great deal. It certainly wasn't without its problems (being overpriced was one of them), but that's entirely to be expected with a first year effort. I'm curious if they'll get back in the game later, or are just bowing out and will focus in other directions in terms of attractions.

And, uh, there's still plenty of competition out there for HHN. Knotts (which, let's not forget or underestimate, has been at it for 45+ years straight), SFMM (which has been upping their game for a very reasonable price), Reign of Terror, Creep, Sinister Pointe, Haunted Hayride, Urban Death, Wicked Lit, Horrorworld, 17th Door, Field of Screams, all the innumerable high quality home haunts, and family haunts such as Ghost Train/Boney Island, Disney, etc.... I mean, how much more competition do you actually want? Are there any other cities that have so many haunt events in such a concentrated area? Orlando certainly doesn't.

Really, I wonder if all that competition is one of the reasons FoF won't return. While it was enjoyable, was it really distinct enough from all the other haunts out there?

Last edited:
That's too bad. I actually had a great time last year.

I partially blame the Negative Nancies on this forum (you know who you are) for lampooning this event and spreading bad word of mouth without even going. You guys suck.

I don't understand why they'd announce it going away for one year if it doesn't return in 2020. If it was dead they'd let it go without a mention until they answer a random reporter on a Friday afternoon.

I partially blame the Negative Nancies on this forum (you know who you are) for lampooning this event and spreading bad word of mouth without even going. You guys suck.

This is insane.

I don't understand why they'd announce it going away for one year if it doesn't return in 2020. If it was dead they'd let it go without a mention until they answer a random reporter on a Friday afternoon.

Part of me thinks, it may be more of a means in that, they may be looking for talent to come in and look at what can be improved..but even then, that doesn't excuse the fact that they could just simply "improve" and do changes here and there.

I would be shocked, if this comes back. They charged too much for what they were offering, and lacked the creative guidance/spine.

...okay, there is a lot to unpack in that.

How does one small amount of individuals, that doesn't automatically result to the common masses; lampoon a specialty event?

That's too bad. I actually had a great time last year.

No one gives a flying **** about a small time internet forum. Tim tracker being down on this would have a more adverse affect on this event.

And having high expectations for an even charging a lot of money is not being negative. People are out of their minds these days with making excuses for corporations not investing or trying hard enough.

Don't have a media night until you're ready. If this one forum ruined it, then WB died by their own sword for having such crappy video representation of their event.

I saw video of HHN back in 2006 and instantly knew I had to go to 2007. And for only like $30ish? A steal for such quality. Even if it was only 1-3 mazes plus a tour.
I saw video of WB last year and knew to stay the hell away.

I'll be the jerk and say it, but "it was it's first year" is such a lame excuse. It's not like these events all hire first year amateurs to be carpenters and scenic designers for their event and then get better every year. Like Knotts is such quality because they got a 60 year old designer in their corner with every single year of the event as experience. Or even a head honcho making decisions that's been there from the beginning. Or creative directors who have come up with every single concept over the years. Talent is outsourced.

It starts from the top and their expected quality. They didn't go and find the proper talent to make the event come to life in a way that'll get them noticed. Or they didn't put the necessary budget in to make it impressive. They wanted to do an event for cheap, rake in the dough, and act like it was a "unique experience not like other mazes."

They didn't want to match the standard HHN set for the same price up the street and we laughed in their face, then walked even further away knowing how many mazes they had. The experiences looked dull and uninspired. The sets looked cheap in comparison to other events. I guess the numbers showed. It was a cash grab. They saw how well Uni was doing and figured, "we can do that." But they didn't understand what exactly made Uni so popular.

They'll probably go back to doing their exhibits and installations with IT every year. It earned them way more buzz and generated a lot of hype for the movie. A free and/or cheap attraction that can earn them a lot of good will and publicity. And they don't even have to do it for that much money. Half the people there aren't even Haunters, they just heard "free haunted house" so they'll be easily impressed by anything. WB can get eyes on their product with a free event and then sell you the real product in the form of a movie ticket later when the movie comes out. It's smart and they should stick to it. I'm glad they're taking the year off, giving themselves some time to reassmble and figure out what needs to be done to actually rake people in. Otherwise they'd just be driving themselves further in the ground and be an even bigger laughing stock.

This is insane.

Is it bruh?

How does one small amount of individuals, that doesn't automatically result to the common masses; lampoon a specialty event?

Damn dude, you must have forgot already. It got pretty nasty up in here during last Halloween season due to all the keyboard warriors trashing the event without even going. I recall almost not going due to all the bashing, but I said f*&% it and I had a good time. I'm sure some decided to skip it due to these forums.

If you deny that, you're in denial.

No one gives a flying **** about a small time internet forum. Tim tracker being down on this would have a more adverse affect on this event.

And having high expectations for an even charging a lot of money is not being negative. People are out of their minds these days with making excuses for corporations not investing or trying hard enough.

Did you actually go to the event?

It's true, I single handedly brought the whole event down. I'm just that big of a deal. A user with a toilet with glasses as their avatar did it.

Not going to lie, you were definitely part of the problem bruh.

Not going to lie, you were definitely part of the problem bruh.

Believe me, nobody cares about my opinion. I also doubt the forum has any sort of impact or traffic for the general public (not dissing IU) nor WB heads to go "oh snap, they're right, shut it down". In fact, I doubt they're not doing it this year at all because of the criticism rather WB seeking what works best for them.

“My opinion wasn’t validated by this forum OR the general public! Could I possibly have an unpopular opinion? No, it’s the market and the forum who are wrong.”