Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am out here at Universal Hollywood and when I heard of the announcement I came right to the forum and thank you so much @Brian G. for sharing about the new SLoP Off The Leash announcement. This sounds like a very fun adventure and from seeing how huge the construction area is, I am excited when I will be back out here next year to enjoy this fun adventure. I also like the idea of the Pet Adoption part of the experience, which I think is a good way for not only UC to create this adventure, but also to add in about how pet adoptions are an awesome thing for anyone, As a pet owner I have 5 boxers and 3 of them were pet adoptions from the Orlando area. So, I am excited for this and will be very fun and exciting to watch this build and for the final product.

WOW, Universal Hollywood managed to name a new ride without calling it Secret Life of Pets: THE RIDE!

Question about this bit from the press release:
"The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York"

Does that mean animatronics, cardboard cutouts and screenz? and what is hyper-realistic media? 4K?

This genuinly sounds great though, perfect addition for USH.

I seen the original plans and if they managed to improve on that, this is going to be a great ride and something that Universal has been in need of for a long time.

WOW, Universal Hollywood managed to name a new ride without calling it Secret Life of Pets: THE RIDE!

Question about this bit from the press release:
"The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York"

Does that mean animatronics, cardboard cutouts and screenz? and what is hyper-realistic media? 4K?

This genuinly sounds great though, perfect addition for USH.

This is different than the plans I'm familiar with.

My interpretation - AA's, with screens/projections used minimally to add depth to backgrounds.

i.e. If they recreate the Alley scene from the first movie, which included all those cats. You'll probably have the Sphynx cat and a couple others be AA's, while the rest of the alley cats come down the buildings with projection tech. Make sense?

My interpretation - AA's, with screens/projections used minimally to add depth to backgrounds.

i.e. If they recreate the Alley scene from the first movie, which included all those cats. You'll probably have the Sphynx cat and a couple others be AA's, while the rest of the alley cats come down the buildings with projection tech. Make sense?

Makes perfect sense thanks.

I'm totally happy with that and I'm loving the story and name.

This is to my understanding how it'll work. Animatronics/dimensional sets in the foreground, animation in the BG to extend environments.

Not unlike the Frozen Hyperion show, actually, with the main action on stage and additional digital action extended into the BG.

From my understanding, there will be lots of buildings with windows so I imagine there will be screens there along with projection mapping. Lots of AAs and physical sets, though.

I'm glad this has been *finally* announced. This should be cute.

From my understanding, there will be lots of buildings with windows so I imagine there will be screens there along with projection mapping. Lots of AAs and physical sets, though.

I'm glad this has been *finally* announced. This should be cute.

Yep. Look to the Sesame Street dark ride in Singapore for an idea of how that'll look/work.

One thing I'm curious about is how (or if) they plan to "squinch" animated extended BGs if there's a continuous flow of vehicles...

Anyone have any sense of the ride system? Is the omnimover off the table? Or are we talking something akin to USO Cat in the Hat?

I think it’ll be a continuous chain of ride vehicles but not an omnimover.

(Pedantic Technical Stuff: Omnimover is the ride vehicles that can rotate and direct the view of the guest in any direction, hence omnimover. HM and Mermaid are Omnimovers; SSE, Buzz, and Nemo are not Omnimovers.)

I think it’ll be a continuous chain of ride vehicles but not an omnimover.

(Pedantic Technical Stuff: Omnimover is the ride vehicles that can rotate and direct the view of the guest in any direction, hence omnimover. HM and Mermaid are Omnimovers; SSE, Buzz, and Nemo are not Omnimovers.)

Does that mean no rotating then?
I thought there might still be some, especially as the original idea was a multi directional trackless ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.