Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Finally starting to see some real movement with Calico River Rapids construction. Some photos from today.

Looks like that front, right paw will articulate. Also, some log cabins that will likely house some new scenes.
81D31DF9-998E-46DE-A2FD-FC20C403EA8C.JPG
E30057E9-CC60-496C-9CA7-5F084A0154F7.JPG 69651AB7-0520-4018-8466-2F59486FC546.JPG C655CC1D-04CB-4147-96A9-956DC05591BB.JPG
Water cannons expected to go in this area. 057778DC-02C7-47BF-9315-3ECB3E033ED3.JPG
Not sure if this is new or not.
23CAD0FD-DB11-4CF1-9AA2-9EF337FA8824.JPG

Finally starting to see some real movement with Calico River Rapids construction. Some photos from today.

Looks like that front, right paw will articulate. Also, some log cabins that will likely house some new scenes.
View attachment 9438
View attachment 9439 View attachment 9440 View attachment 9441
Water cannons expected to go in this area. View attachment 9442
Not sure if this is new or not.
View attachment 9437

The log over the route, is new. And it's likely going to have a figure of some kind added onto it later (presumably a small animal or some kind of wild cat).

Disappointed I'll just miss this but I feel like softs would be pretty unlikely at all before opening. Knott's really looks like they are crushing it with the whole ghost town thing so it's nice they keep enhancing things.

So here's what I found to be the new scenes added.

1. Snake
2. Howling wolf
3. Cabin with man shooting into the water
4. TNT/racoons
5. Bear with gophers
6. Whack-a-mole animals/log cabin
7. Bear w/salmon in it's mouth
8. Mountain lion
9. More TNT
10. Bigfoot

By the looks of it, it's still basically Bigfoot Rapids with some eye candy. One gripe I have is that you can see much of the new scenes during the queue and some alongside the pathway so it spoils much of the ride before you even get on it. The only way to prevent this is to enclose the outdoor queue in a long tunnel, which isn't gonna happen. I certainly appreciate the effort Knott's/Cedar Fair have put in to plussing their attractions like how they did when they renovated Timber Mountain Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride.

I'm gonna try to get out there Sunday afternoon and am hoping the lines won't be too long to see if the experience is that much better in person than Bigfoot Rapids.

Lmao.. A CONCEPT.

bigfoot-coming-to-reimagined-calico-river-rapids-attraction-at-knotts-berry-farm.jpeg

Rode it this morning for season passholder early entry. It's great! What they have done here was a nice plussing of a barren ride. My biggest qualm is that the queue is designed where you can already see 90% of the ride, but they have done some nice theming. My two favorite scenes on the ride have been obscured to make them more of a surprise (Bigfoot and [spoiler warning for those who care] the cabin guy shooting at you). I like how it's still designed to get you wet but not soaked to the bone like Popeye at IoA or Infinity Falls at SWO. The queue was also a pleasant surprise. Overall, it's a solid direction in making Knott's more of a theme park and it's a very solid ride for Knott's now. I will ride this more often and that's a lot coming from someone who doesn't like rafting rides.

P.S. Bigfoot is definitely bigger in person than he looks on the video. Still looks slightly under-promising from the concept art.

Surprisingly, the stated wait time was 30 minutes around 4 pm today, but actual wait was 5 minutes so I went on it twice. Love when that happens. Maybe the cool weather played a role.

Definitely an upgrade over Bigfoot Rapids. Everything was themed well to the area. Certain scenes are hard to catch if you're facing the wrong way or if you don't know where to look. That can be a good thing as it can give each ride a different experience. Hope the animatronics hold up well in Cali's weather.