Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights Auditions

Same! My audition was yesterday. The HR rep said internal applicants would hear back within two weeks, but potentially sooner since they are rapidly casting people. External applicants heard back that same night.

It’s important to note that every “reunion” TM knows their actual placements (houses/streets) and external didn’t find out anything other than if we were cast or not! They said we’d hear back “soon” with more details.

It’s important to note that every “reunion” TM knows their actual placements (houses/streets) and external didn’t find out anything other than if we were cast or not! They said we’d hear back “soon” with more details.
Last year was my first year and I think it was worse being told I had been cast but then playing the waiting game to see where I had been cast/what I would be doing. Although this year was also stressful as a TM due to seeing all my friends getting their casting emails so early and I got stuck waiting several weeks and wondering if I'd get cast or rejected. Double edged sword, hah hah!

Last year was my first year and I think it was worse being told I had been cast but then playing the waiting game to see where I had been cast/what I would be doing. Although this year was also stressful as a TM due to seeing all my friends getting their casting emails so early and I got stuck waiting several weeks and wondering if I'd get cast or rejected. Double edged sword, hah hah!
I still haven’t heard anything back yet. Three of my internal friends have already heard back yes and I still haven’t gotten a single email. Is this a bad sign? When should I start to worry?

Are they still revealing where you’ve been cast by saying “House 6” or “Street 4”? Man, was that a fun and confusing guessing game last year!

I still haven’t heard anything back yet. Three of my internal friends have already heard back yes and I still haven’t gotten a single email. Is this a bad sign? When should I start to worry?
No news is good news so don't worry. They will be casting up until the start of the event. E-mails are still going out. Several internal TMs who auditioned the weekend of the 4th back in May still have not been cast, so be patient as there's a lot of people for them to sort through and e-mail.

As usual, HHN is still looking for scaractors for houses and streets. Here's the current batch of who they're looking for.

"Seeking Scareactors who meet the following requirements for other house and street locations:

Males - 6' and up all ethnicities and body types.
Males and Females - African American, 5'6" and under, youthful in appearance.
Females - African American, 5'4"-5'9" slender build.
Females - 5'7" and taller, athletic Build.

Candidates must be available for rehearsals beginning mid-August through the beginning of September and for all Halloween Horror Nights performance dates: 9/6-9/8, 9/12-15, 9/18-9/22, 9/25-9/29, 10/2-10/6, 10/9-10/13, 10/17-10/20, 10/23-10/27, 10/29-11/2"

Best of luck to all whom audition!

Last edited:
I don't know how active this specific forum is, but I had a question. I would love to be a scare actor in the future, however, I wear glasses. I could put contacts in, but I have a hard time putting them in. Is there any point in the future, auditioning with glasses or do I need to wear contacts to have a chance?

Thanks have a good day

I don't know how active this specific forum is, but I had a question. I would love to be a scare actor in the future, however, I wear glasses. I could put contacts in, but I have a hard time putting them in. Is there any point in the future, auditioning with glasses or do I need to wear contacts to have a chance?

Thanks have a good day
They like people to wear contacts, but they’ll take people with glasses for sure.

They may ask if you need to wear glasses. I wear glasses and have been cast every time, but I also wear contacts a lot or will wear glasses between sets and only take them off when going on set. It’s possible to als be cast into a role where you need to wear FX contact lenses but they’ll always ask if you can do something (like wearing contacts) for a role before the final casting offer.

They may ask if you need to wear glasses. I wear glasses and have been cast every time, but I also wear contacts a lot or will wear glasses between sets and only take them off when going on set. It’s possible to als be cast into a role where you need to wear FX contact lenses but they’ll always ask if you can do something (like wearing contacts) for a role before the final casting offer.
Thank you for the information. It helps a lot. I really want to work at HHN, but wouldn’t be able to put contacts in yet. I’m slowly working on it.

might I ask what type of role you got? It would be great if you could tell me any specifics. If not, that’s ok. I understand.

Thank you for the information. It helps a lot. I really want to work at HHN, but wouldn’t be able to put contacts in yet. I’m slowly working on it.

might I ask what type of role you got? It would be great if you could tell me any specifics. If not, that’s ok. I understand.
I won't go into specifics since UO likes to preserver character integrity. But I've had roles from main characters in top IPs, to being a reserve/fire crew where I play different characters every night, from headlining roles to smaller roles in various IPS and originals. Some roles require masks and others require just makeup, some require wigs and others don't. You may even get a role where you need prosthetics or to wear false teeth. Every role is different and every experience different. A role you may love being someone else will despise doing. How active each role is depends on the role so I've had some roles where I've done statue scares, which are some of the hardest on my body, to extremely active roles where I've completely sweat through my costume and wig during every set.