Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

How strange for Entertainment Weekly to be running such a Theme Park Insider-type detail leak for this ride.

How strange for Entertainment Weekly to be running such a Theme Park Insider-type detail leak for this ride.

It ain't EW covering the thing, but I can somewhat see why they'd be able to share a lot of the info more directly.

Plus, you gotta market the cast somewhere, I guess. :bored:

There's no way. How.... why..... what?

I’m asking the same question. Some say it’s a way to get people to stop waiting to come... but I think if Disneyland announced a surprise and earlier opening date... their attendance issues would be sorted... instead of delaying the inevitable.

If this is actually delayed to 2020... heads will roll, at the executive level, and it'll go down as one of the biggest strategic misfires in the park's history.

Insiders are either saying "everything is exaggerated, it's opening this fall" or "it's worse than you've heard, it's maybe spring 2020." I don't know who to believe.

If this is actually delayed to 2020... heads will roll, at the executive level, and it'll go down as one of the biggest strategic misfires in the park's history.

Insiders are either saying "everything is exaggerated, it's opening this fall" or "it's worse than you've heard, it's maybe spring 2020." I don't know who to believe.
I'm leaning towards it being pretty bad. Many were skeptical of why RotR was opening later than the land and think/thought it was a marketing gimmick to get people to come back, but i've always thought it was genuinely because RotR is a pain in the neck and it's WAY behind the rest of the land. Wouldn't make sense to wait so long to open the land simply because you're waiting on a ride that's having potentially major issues.

I'm at somewhat of a crossroads right now with this. I hope that they're going to announce that it opens soon as I'm still planning to visit in September. If they announce it's opening later, I can skip DL, if they announce it's going to open when I'm there, crowds are going to be ridiculous and hotel prices are going to skyrocket and I'll skip it anyway.

My guess is WDW could make modifications early enough in building that DL would take a longer time making.

Yup, it's faster to build something the way it's meant to be than build something else and try to fix it.