Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've brought this up before, but one of the things I'm curious to see happen, is for DHS to use the large cast of the presently running 'Star Wars-A Galaxy Far Far Away' hub show to also populate the GESWL area and liven things up. They're running 7 shows a day in the hub now. They could easily cut that back to two or three and send that cast of characters and stormtroopers over to the new land the rest of the time. Heck, they're already on the payroll....Not exactly the same,but similar, is when the cast of Grinchmas goes out into the Seuss Landing area during the holiday season. Damn, that whole land livens up 100% and becomes super immersive and fun.

I've brought this up before, but one of the things I'm curious to see happen, is for DHS to use the large cast of the presently running 'Star Wars-A Galaxy Far Far Away' hub show to also populate the GESWL area and liven things up. They're running 7 shows a day in the hub now. They could easily cut that back to two or three and send that cast of characters and stormtroopers over to the new land the rest of the time. Heck, they're already on the payroll....Not exactly the same,but similar, is when the cast of Grinchmas goes out into the Seuss Landing area during the holiday season. Damn, that whole land livens up 100% and becomes super immersive and fun.
I never really even thought about this for some reason but yes!! This is such an awesome idea. I loved the storm troopers walking around DHS, kinda random since they weren't in a Star Wars world/land but even that little excitement of Kylo and a couple of storm troopers gave me chills.

Reactions: therock and Andysol

2 thoughts on those:

1) Do we think they'll actually expand the cantina and put in a restaurant in that spot?

2) I really wish they would have connected TSL and SW:GE. The dead end is not ideal in TSL and it would allow SW:GE to flow better as well.

Not at all. Just checking to see if any of our posters are going and what their expectations are. Land looks and sounds pretty good to me , as an overall experience.
*Waves hand* This is not the forum you are looking for.

This is the forum who has a plethora of members who constantly take pot shots at Disney, their fans, and the parks. As if Universal is their girlfriend and they must protect her. It's super weird; yet it's incessant.
If you want to read more about Disney and get several reactions, this really isn't the place, unfortunately.

Reactions: Spaulding
2 thoughts on those:

1) Do we think they'll actually expand the cantina and put in a restaurant in that spot?

2) I really wish they would have connected TSL and SW:GE. The dead end is not ideal in TSL and it would allow SW:GE to flow better as well.

*Waves hand* This is not the forum you are looking for.

This is the forum who has a plethora of members who constantly take pot shots at Disney, their fans, and the parks. As if Universal is their girlfriend and they must protect her. It's super weird; yet it's incessant.
If you want to read more about Disney and get several reactions, this really isn't the place, unfortunately.

TSL and SWL are connected.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Gates. It'll be a very rough transition.

You can see them in Bio's aerials.

That picket fence on one side and green gate on the other? Atrocious. Why is the green gate so far back?

Maybe it won't be as bad on the ground, but from the air? Yeesh. Rough transition indeed.

No the transitions rough in person too lol

Also, Launch Bay and A Galaxy Far, Far Away are staying open for a while to provide Star Wars experiences outside of SW:GE, in an attempt to spread out the Star Wars crowds.

There still are walk around characters like Troopers, Chewie, Rey, Kylo, etc at Galaxys edge.

And CMs confirmed today that Oga’s will be reservation only, with reservations made on MDX. 45 minute experience and 2 drink max (alcoholic or not).

Oh and green milk is terrible lol

That picket fence on one side and green gate on the other? Atrocious. Why is the green gate so far back?

Maybe it won't be as bad on the ground, but from the air? Yeesh. Rough transition indeed.

No the transitions rough in person too lol

Also, Launch Bay and A Galaxy Far, Far Away are staying open for a while to provide Star Wars experiences outside of SW:GE, in an attempt to spread out the Star Wars crowds.

There still are walk around characters like Troopers, Chewie, Rey, Kylo, etc at Galaxys edge.

And CMs confirmed today that Oga’s will be reservation only, with reservations made on MDX. 45 minute experience and 2 drink max (alcoholic or not).

Oh and green milk is terrible lol
The worst part is that that transition was originally supposed to be a themed walking bridge that went over the road, but it got cut.

Yeah I think it will help that WDW guests already experience everything through MDX, so the transition should be smoother. I anticipate they’ll have a CM stationed just making sure everyone outside the cantina has a reservation.

I’d also like to bring up something I haven’t really seen mentioned: The added responsibilities of CMs in high immersive lands.

Galaxys Edge asks a lot of its CMs. On top of working attractions, food & beverage, custodial, etc., they’re storytellers. They speak in certain phrases, know a LOT of backstory, and have very personalized guest interactions with the whole resistance/first order profiles and how well they pilot the falcon. It’s really ambitious and isn’t always successful. It suffers from the same pitfalls as WWoHP: they’re asking non-actors to perform. I’m excited to see how all the CMs settle into their roles, and how the Disney Play app works out, but I think it’s important to note. As theme parks become more immersive, how are we going to select/prepare/compensate these CMs for their additional responsibilities?
2 month in at Disneyland there have been anecdotal reports of CM being over the back story and rarely hear bright suns or til the spire. I can say from my 6 visits that it has been fairly consistent. It must be difficult to have all the CM be in character all the time and don’t know how they should be compensated. I do know it can be confusing for guests too. At Oga’s a couple was given their bill and the CM asked for credits. The couple pulled out their hotel key not understanding. I like the concept but if it is not consistent than it can be a blemish on the experience. Over time i’m sure they will figure it out.

2 month in at Disneyland there have been anecdotal reports of CM being over the back story and rarely hear bright suns or til the spire. I can say from my 6 visits that it has been fairly consistent. It must be difficult to have all the CM be in character all the time and don’t know how they should be compensated. I do know it can be confusing for guests too. At Oga’s a couple was given their bill and the CM asked for credits. The couple pulled out their hotel key not understanding. I like the concept but if it is not consistent than it can be a blemish on the experience. Over time i’m sure they will figure it out.

Yeah I appreciate the commitment to immersion and I like what I’ve seen so far! And I don’t know exactly what my take is or what a “solution” is to consistency and compensation, but I think it’s something we have to think about with this being, IMO, the intended future of theme parks and entertainment.

This may seem like a silly question but I haven't been following SW:GE that closely. I'll be at DHS on 9/17 for one day, we're not staying on-site so the earliest we can get in is 9am and will likely be there all day given the crowds. If I want to go to Oga's, am I correct in assuming the first thing I should do is head there and make a reservation for later in the day, or is this done via the app on arrival? And the reservation only lasts 45 minutes? Is that correct or am I missing something?

Last edited:
This may seem like a silly question but I haven't been following SW:GE that closely. I'll be at DHS on 9/17 for one day, we're not staying on-site so the earliest we can get in is 9am and will likely be there all day given the crowds. If I want to go to Oga's, am I correct in assuming the first thing I should do is head there and make a reservation for later in the day, or is this done via the app on arrival? And the reservation only lasts 45 minutes? Is that correct or am I missing something?

You make the reservation on the app, but we don’t know yet how early in advance reservations will open up. And yes, they are 45 min reservations.

I'm not a fan of the blue or green milk. For the same price or a few bucks more, I'd rather have an alcoholic drink from Oga's Cantina.