Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2019 Hurricane Thread

Touring Plans has a good article on the Touring Plans Blog today concerning WDW trip refunds for hurricane warnings and trip hurricane insurance.

It's that time of year...It's still early in the week, we will know more after it passes over the mountains in the Dominican Republic / Puerto Rico. Hopefully that will help break it up, but the warm waters in the Caribbean could just build it back up...

For what its worth, I don't board up unless its a Category 1...a tropical storm is basically like a long afternoon thunderstorm in Florida :toast:

From down here in Miami, we saw some people yesterday buying water and stuff, but no one here is taking it too seriously ATM, especially if its tracking even more to mid / northern FL. I honestly think it's going to curve and stay out at sea.

I'm heading up to Orlando next week, so hopefully it makes some people cancel and makes my trip less packed lol

Went to bed last night and it was only supposed to be a tropical storm when it got to Florida...checked the 8 am advisory and now it's supposed to be a Category 2 Hurricane...guess I might have to get the shutters out >:O

It's also tracking further and further north with each update. I wouldn't be surprised to see it aimed for the Georgia coast as a more intense storm in the next 24 hours.

The European modal has it moving more towards the middle of Florida. After Irma I’ve learn it’s best to prepare for the worse. Irma was expected to hit Miami and south Florida and instead it hit the keys and the west coast.

11AM Track has it a cat 3 Major Hurricane right off the Space Center Launch Complex Monday morning. The track actually went a bit south from the last one.

Many of the meteorologists are stressing that while we should prepare, we will have a better idea of what's to come tomorrow. The storm's pattern has been very erratic the past 48 hours so the models are having real trouble with the path, which they anticipate should be better "behaved" after it clears Puerto Rico and into open water.

It’s best to be prepared for the worse. I just came from Publix and there’s no water available already mind you I’m in Miami. Some people take things to extremes

Let the panic begin!

Home Depot lot packed.
Local Publix already out of water.
Im in West Palm.
Glad I got gas yesterday...