Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

I'd guess it has more to do with the fact that a big wooden head would be too heavy for the structure they have, and a foam one would blow over. It might save some costs to have a smaller head, but it can't be that much, plywood is $29 for a big sheet. Skimping out on one sheet over two or three would've only saved a miniscule amount, and I don't think we're at quite those levels of penny-pinching yet.

EDIT: come to think of it, that might actually be why the Creepshow facade is a big box instead of just one sheet. They don't want a heavy-ass piece of plywood leaning on the tent (the weight can damage the tent over time) so they make it a box to make sure it can freestand and withstand the wind over three months.

I'd guess it has more to do with the fact that a big wooden head would be too heavy for the structure they have, and a foam one would blow over. It might save some costs to have a smaller head, but it can't be that much, plywood is $29 for a big sheet. Skimping out on one sheet over two or three would've only saved a miniscule amount, and I don't think we're at quite those levels of penny-pinching yet.
I think it might just be a mistake, or a weird attempt at forced perspective because they have height limits for the construction or something.

Looking at the facade for Us makes me wonder if we'll be re-entering the mirror maze again in the maze (when Adelaide pursues Red to the Tethered lair), and have a facade of the "updated" version of the vision quest funhouse (the Merlin one for the present), and how that'll be set up inside the tent.

Looking at the facade for Us makes me wonder if we'll be re-entering the mirror maze again in the maze (when Adelaide pursues Red to the Tethered lair), and have a facade of the "updated" version of the vision quest funhouse (the Merlin one for the present), and how that'll be set up inside the tent.
It's not like a house facade where you gotta deal with windows and doorways and fencing and assorted decals; the funhouse is just painted wood and strip-lights, so I don't see why we wouldn't.

It's not like a house facade where you gotta deal with windows and doorways and fencing and assorted decals; the funhouse is just painted wood and strip-lights, so I don't see why we wouldn't.
I just realized that if theres another facade for the funhouse inside the maze, that has us with 3 total funhouse facades at the event overall, one for klowns, two for Us. Sorta interesting.

I just realized that if theres another facade for the funhouse inside the maze, that has us with 3 total funhouse facades at the event overall, one for klowns, two for Us. Sorta interesting.

This might be for the Us thread but that maze could potentially have 4 facades(Shaman’s Vision Quest, Wilson House, Tyler House, Merlin’s Forest).

A maze I’m shocked fits in its location is House of 1000 Corpses. That facade is huge and the fact that the Firefly house fits in that venue too amazes me

Honestly, the only thing that bothers everyone is the flat murder-ride skull, even Orlando did it and it's their fist time with the IP.

While Orlando's façade is more of the gas station than the Museum, the skull is clearly a carved/molded piece as it ain't flat whatsoever.