Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2019 Tickets Discussion

I checked my work's discount page and I don't see the "no early entry" that was in bold last year. However, I feel weary just because I know that was a huge issue. For me, early entry is essential.
Anyone else check their discount sites yet to see if there's any wording about no early entry?

I checked my work's discount page and I don't see the "no early entry" that was in bold last year. However, I feel weary just because I know that was a huge issue. For me, early entry is essential.
Anyone else check their discount sites yet to see if there's any wording about no early entry?
to be honest what I did last year was just call universal and ask. They may have you on hold for a bit but I figure it’s worth it just in case.

Thinking of buying regular passes for 9/22 and upgrading at the park if things seems really bad. Any chance express will sell out before we get there?

Thinking of buying regular passes for 9/22 and upgrading at the park if things seems really bad. Any chance express will sell out before we get there?

It's very, very possible. That said... if you get there for early entry, there's a decent chance you can upgrade, but also a strong chance you won't need the express at all.

to be honest what I did last year was just call universal and ask. They may have you on hold for a bit but I figure it’s worth it just in case.
Gave them a call and all they said was "I don't think so" and they weren't very sure of the situation.
So if anyone else wants to start calling them to figure that out and force them to get that sorted, that'd help!

So I had a very similar situation right now.

I bought for October 10th, 2PM Day/Night a few weeks back. At the time I felt like I probably didn't need Express, and could just upgrade.

Now I'm really thinking back on it, and I want the express. Hell, I want the Unlimited Express which is an option this year.

There's a problem: it's only available as a bundle with tickets. And even worse, Unlimited Express is only available for the after 7PM ticket, and is not with After 2PM.

So I ask over email if they can upgrade, the answer is no, I need to repurchase and ticket and call for a refund. So I call up USH and they tell me that I can not upgrade over the phone, or online period. Either I stick with After 2PM, purchase a one-time 2PM and call for a refund (already what a migraine) or take my chances and see if an upgrade for Unlimited Express is available since I wouldn't be able to upgrade with the one-time Express after 2PM, apparently. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't.

This is outstandingly bad logic, especially for an event that's known to sell out its express ahead of time. I'm so frustrated right now that I'm just unsure of what to do.

So I had a very similar situation right now.

I bought for October 10th, 2PM Day/Night a few weeks back. At the time I felt like I probably didn't need Express, and could just upgrade.

Now I'm really thinking back on it, and I want the express. Hell, I want the Unlimited Express which is an option this year.

There's a problem: it's only available as a bundle with tickets. And even worse, Unlimited Express is only available for the after 7PM ticket, and is not with After 2PM.

So I ask over email if they can upgrade, the answer is no, I need to repurchase and ticket and call for a refund. So I call up USH and they tell me that I can not upgrade over the phone, or online period. Either I stick with After 2PM, purchase a one-time 2PM and call for a refund (already what a migraine) or take my chances and see if an upgrade for Unlimited Express is available since I wouldn't be able to upgrade with the one-time Express after 2PM, apparently. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't.

This is outstandingly bad logic, especially for an event that's known to sell out its express ahead of time. I'm so frustrated right now that I'm just unsure of what to do.

I agree that's very frustrating. I had the same kind of frustration with my GP Flex pay a couple months ago. The ticketing system really needs to have a rework.

So pretty much I had to get a refund for the After 2PM Day/Night, bought an After 2PM Day/Night with Express One-Time, was redirected to onsite guest relations who finally told me I would have see about upgrading at the ticket window for Unlimited. What a headache. I have to add that the Orlando team that were manning the main call center had zero clue about Unlimited Express on the west coast, and were also surprised that it wasn't a main upgrade option like in Orlando.

Just wanted to add my experience to this in case it helps anyone. I've only been to Orlando before so when the tickets first got released, I jumped on them and bought the after 2pm versions, planning to upgrade to express or RIP later, as per Orlando. When I realised my error, I got in touch with Customer Services via email and got the same answer as Ryan did above. So I took the risk and booked RIP when they were released (we're only going for one night) and then had to call for a refund. The people on the phone were great and the money was back on my credit card the next day (and I somehow made £4 in the currency exchanges - bonus!).

Do Annual passholders only get a discount on regular admission? I can't find any discounts for the frequent fear. I'm looking to get the full pass but I don't see a discount for passholders.

Do Annual passholders only get a discount on regular admission? I can't find any discounts for the frequent fear. I'm looking to get the full pass but I don't see a discount for passholders.
If it’s like last year no discount for passholder on the frequent fear pass.

Edit: logged in and there is no FFP discount but they have the killer deal for $89 that gets you Thursday and Sundays. Better for me as I only go those days.

Last edited: