Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Employee Preview Thread

No facade for GB in Orlando I heard? Hollywood got the Firehouse with the Ecto 1.
to any people who went last night to the EP, what was the first thing yall saw when entering the ghostbusters maze? seeing if the rumors of no façade were true or not.
more of a "Scene 0", as Legacy says.
it's the exterior of the New York Public Library. Not very big or grandiose, but not bad.

Last edited:
Everyone remember that most people didn't wait that long tonight for any house. I have a friend who was able to knock out 13 house runs and longest wait was 20 mins. So that's going to sway some of this praise on certain IPs like Ghostbusters or Stranger Things (although i've heard poor things about it). To me, Ghostbusters was absolute trash and it let down even further with how they did Stay Puft. If you wait 5-10 mins, then it's cool. If you wait 2-3 hours for it? People aren't gonna have the same reaction. They have a few tricks up their sleeve for the house that are unique, but overall, it's not scary and it's not even necessarily "pretty" like Stranger Things was last year.
This is a great point. I was thinking the same. Also when you’re going through so many houses in such little time it’s easy to forget a lot of detail.

Just for fun, I decided to take the average of most house rankings I came across on twitter (1st place gets 10 points, 10th place gets 1 point). Obviously it doesn't mean much as a lot of people said they were struggling to rank them all, and it's all from the first night, but it's interesting to see.

upload_2019-9-5_16-2-26.png

Just for fun, I decided to take the average of most house rankings I came across on twitter (1st place gets 10 points, 10th place gets 1 point). Obviously it doesn't mean much as a lot of people said they were struggling to rank them all, and it's all from the first night, but it's interesting to see.

View attachment 10858
Dang is Stranger Things and Us are getting walloped.

Glad to hear Universal Monsters is up there; it's always nice when the OG's end up on top.

Little worried about Nightingales placement so low but it and HoTC were always going to be more cast-dependent. Give the actors a week to learn which scares work and which don't, I imagine things will improve. [But if not, man, MiB tent may be more cursed than the old Jaws queue.]

Curious if Stranger Things is only a "been there, done that" reaction from die-hard TMs, or if it's also nearing the end of shelf life with the general public as well.

Dang is Stranger Things and Us are getting walloped.

Glad to hear Universal Monsters is up there; it's always nice when the OG's end up on top.

And I heard it was terrible.:shrug:

It probably has to do a lot on how much someone loved the movie or not. Or if the person even watched it.
Does it stand on its own as a house? Even if you didnt watch the movie? Or will people that never watched it be disappointed?

Last edited: