Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Does anyone know what houses are included on the 6-house UTH tour? Do they tend to change? Going 9/19 for the first time!

From what I've read online, the 6-House is House of 1000 Corpses, Nightingales, Depths of Fear, Stranger Things, Yeti and Ghostbusters.

The 3-House is Universal Monsters, Graveyard Games and Killer Klowns.

I know the answer to this is probably “no”, but I figured I’d ask anyways. Originally it looked like I was only going to have 2 HHN nights so I bought the BOGO ticket and Express for both nights. Now it appears that I could possibly be able to come two more nights in the season. Is it possible to trade in my BOGO ticket and my two Express tickets for a Frequent Fear Plus with Express and just pay the small difference?

I’m guessing the mistake that I made was buying Express early and I’m betting that I can’t do anything with those now, but if it is possible to put the money I have into those tickets towards the upgrade, I would be overjoyed.

I mentioned my situation a few months ago here and I decided to call Universal and see if they could process my request. Even thought it took about 45 minutes of working through it, I was able to successfully turn my BOGO ticket and my two Express tickets into a Frequent Fear Plus with Express ticket by just paying the difference.

What they ended up doing was refunding my BOGO ticket and both Express tickets that I purchased and then just sold me the FFP with Express as a separate transaction. So I’ll end up paying around $105 more for two more nights of HHN with Express and I’m pretty excited!

The point of posting this was to give hope to anyone trying to upgrade their BOGO ticket this year, you might be able to get the same result I did.

Last edited:
For anybody who's done any of the Lights On / UTH Tours, how restrictive are the photography rules this year? Still only allowing photos of 2-3 rooms per house?

Some of the houses are more restrictive than others, some have only 1 or 2 rooms with no photos and some only have 1 or 2 photo spots.

Reactions: Neo
Does anyone know if you’re allowed to buy the After 10/11 PM Express Pass if you already have a Frequent Fear Plus With Express Pass? I’m pretty sure they scan your HHN ticket when you buy Express there and I didn’t know if there would be any issues with that ticket.

Thinking of going Sunday Sept. 29th..as Palm beach schools are closed that Monday.
Do you think an express pass is necessary...keep in mind I'll want to ride a couple rides as well.

What rides does the express pass include...apologize if this has been posted.

Thinking of going Sunday Sept. 29th..as Palm beach schools are closed that Monday.
Do you think an express pass is necessary...keep in mind I'll want to ride a couple rides as well.

What rides does the express pass include...apologize if this has been posted.

Will you do stay and scream? If so Express isn’t required but you will be touring at a fast pace. All rides are covered with express pass but just like the houses they are only good for one use.

Unfortunately, I hit a MAJOR budget snafu. I was originally going to purchase my own tickets and express passes in order to write a piece on HHN for my school’s newspaper, but since my proposed funding was completely cut, I’m going to have to go on my school’s discounted trip (thus changing my entire piece). Considering the fact that my attendance is still up in the air, I’m gonna have to make some big budgeting changes. So guys, what are your tips and tricks on how to maintain a small budget? Express passes and at least one souvenir is mandatory for my trip.

Unfortunately, I hit a MAJOR budget snafu. I was originally going to purchase my own tickets and express passes in order to write a piece on HHN for my school’s newspaper, but since my proposed funding was completely cut, I’m going to have to go on my school’s discounted trip (thus changing my entire piece). Considering the fact that my attendance is still up in the air, I’m gonna have to make some big budgeting changes. So guys, what are your tips and tricks on how to maintain a small budget? Express passes and at least one souvenir is mandatory for my trip.
My husband and I always have a pretty tight budget for HHN (I'm a PhD student sooo) so I thought I'd share some of my tips :) I know a "small" budget can be subjective, but here are some of my go-to budget-conscious ideas.
For souvenirs I like to look ahead of time. Since you're on the forum, you have probably seen the available merch. I'd scope it out and see what you really like, and try to prioritize. I went in knowing exactly what I wanted (I only got the Klowns glass) and it honestly helped with the "zomg I want everything!!!11!!" feels. This method isn't great for everyone, because sometimes you really need to see things in person to tell, but it helps me.
For snacks and drinks I found that buying the refillable Coke Freestyle cup was more than worth it. Of course, my husband and I shared one cup so it was definitely worth it in that regard, but I think it's a good deal for a single visitor as well. If you're not old enough to drink (or just don't want to) and this is your only beverage I think you can definitely get your money's worth by refilling it between houses. I think you can also bring in a refillable water bottle, which you can just get free water from carts/restaurants or water fountains. Definitely my favorite cost-cutting measure at any event or park.
Food is a little tricky because everyone has different needs. Every time I went this year my group got a snack during Stay and Scream and then something from Starcourt food court a few hours later. I'd say I spent about $20 on food each night. If you're going with a friend you can easily split some items to try more things but keep cost down. Some snack items like the street corn or the Nachos Fundidos ended up being surprisingly filling.
I also suggest using cash. I've always done well sticking to my budget if I bring cash. I usually have my card as a backup, but it helps to see the physical bills leaving my wallet lol. Maybe stick to your cash and then use your card only if you must.

Three questions:
1-What is the best spot for Marathon of Mayhem
2-whay is the best clockwise house order? Killer Klowns and then Graveyard/Monsters or skip Klowns and go for Graveyard/Monsters and then the tent houses?
3-What's the best first S&S house? Stranger Things or Ghostbusters?

I’m going to HHN in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if anyone has gotten the unlimited express for HHN yet. How did you buy it and did you feel it was worth it? Thanks!

Three questions:
1-What is the best spot for Marathon of Mayhem
2-whay is the best clockwise house order? Killer Klowns and then Graveyard/Monsters or skip Klowns and go for Graveyard/Monsters and then the tent houses?
3-What's the best first S&S house? Stranger Things or Ghostbusters?

1. First row on the water where you go through the entry by Mel's. We were along the railing by the water on the left side and it seemed perfect to me.

2. We did Killer Klowns first every night with no problems...but we had express passes and walked right to the scanner and maybe waited a total of 5 min. Don't think the posted wait was ever longer than 30min first thing.

3. Stranger Things has a much longer line throughout the night. There were times last weekend where ST had 90 min lines and GB only had 30. I didn't care for the Stranger Things house personally, but based on the wait times I'd say do it first.

I just booked the 3 house UTH tour on Oct. 17 for 3 people. I put in a request to go though 2 houses, Universal Monsters and Graveyard Games, do they usually listen to request?