Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot Forever

Just watched the show on TPI....it was OK, but really just a glorified long fireworks show. I've seen so many decent fireworks shows in my lifetime that they don't do a whole lot for me anymore. I'll watch it when I go in November but it doesn't seem like anything to get overly excited for....Give me Fantasmic any day over these.

I honestly don’t get the hate for the Aladdin song. Wouldn’t it be disingenuous of them if they didn’t include any IP songs if that is what Epcot is becoming??

That finale had Chapek’s fingerprints all over it.

“Let’s end our salute to classic Epcot music with a Disney movie song that has NOTHING to do with classic Epcot.”

The show up to that point is solid, but the end certainly doesn't make me feel more optimistic for what they're going to do to Spaceship Earth, to say nothing of HarmonioUS.

Wouldn’t it be disingenuous of them if they didn’t include any IP songs if that is what Epcot is becoming??

Considering the show was trying to focus on Epcot's past...no, it wouldn't have been disingenuous to not include any IP songs.

But they did, and that's a tone-deaf decision which downright sours a "ok" show. Personally I feel you could easily make a tribute show with the treasure trove of music the past attractions provided, yet there were some questionable decisions here. (Really? Eric Idle's version of Imagination?) An that Aladdin song to cap it off is certainly a choice, since I think it's safe to say when you're more celebrating the past...you're not wanting to look to the future right this moment.

That finale had Chapek’s fingerprints all over it.

“Let’s end our salute to classic Epcot music with a Disney movie song that has NOTHING to do with classic Epcot.”

The show up to that point is solid, but the end certainly doesn't make me feel more optimistic for what they're going to do to Spaceship Earth, to say nothing of HarmonioUS.
Considering it ended on A Whole New World, I took that to be like “ok, we’ve shown you the past, now this is the future and what to expect in HarmoniUS”.

Considering the show was trying to focus on Epcot's past...no, it wouldn't have been disingenuous to not include any IP songs.

But they did, and that's a tone-deaf decision which downright sours a "ok" show. Personally I feel you could easily make a tribute show with the treasure trove of music the past attractions provided, yet there were some questionable decisions here. (Really? Eric Idle's version of Imagination?) An that Aladdin song to cap it off is certainly a choice, since I think it's safe to say when you're more celebrating the past...you're not wanting to look to the future right this moment.
But it’s not just about it’s past. They said that from day one. This is Epcot Forever, not just past and present but future as well.

yeah screw that
I mean, it's what we're getting. Do you want them to lie to you in this show and pretend that HarmoniUS isn't happening so that the EPCOT Center fan can enjoy one last puff of nostalgia?

It's not like we don't already know that Happily Ever After 2.0 is coming to World Showcase.

Ah yes, the "Fanservice" show.

I do concur with the Whole New World bit being..off. The music sounds great, but I'm not thinking much of the show.
This show wasn't even going to happen until they realized that the new show was going to take longer than expected and Epcot would be without a fireworks show for almost a year. Epcot Forever is mostly a hastily thrown together show to make sure Epcot has something in the mean time.

Last edited:
The only legit wondering, is why they didn't incorporate the new EPCOT Anthem they premiered back in D23 for the show, as it seems like it would've gone well with a show like this; even if it's a hastily made show with no real meaning except to keep people into the parks at night for a short bit.

The only legit wondering, is why they didn't incorporate the new EPCOT Anthem they premiered back in D23 for the show, as it seems like it would've gone well with a show like this; even if it's a hastily made show with no real meaning except to keep people into the parks at night for a short bit.
I think that is reserved for HarmoniUs.

I think that is reserved for HarmoniUs.

And I could get it, but I don't see how they couldn't still use it here; especially as it would've driven home the looking forward message that I think(?) that they're trying to do with incorporating New World.

It also would've tied in with the shows constant referencing of EPCOT Attraction and Show soundtracks.

LOL What the heck was that!!! What is Disney becoming!
More Disney, More Family, etc, etc. A bunch of nonsense.

Losing IllumiNations is a big loss for Epcot as a whole, I refuse to watch Epcot Forever on video though when i'll be seeing it in person shortly. Even then I don't want to fully judge this as the IllumiNations "replacement", but we all know what HarmoniUS will be. If that show actually comes anywhere close to IllumiNations in how grand it felt and how fitting it was for the park, i'll be shocked.

EDIT:
Gotta sell that merch:

Last edited:
I loved Epcot Center because it was very different from Magic Kingdom but undoubtedly very Disney.
It presented a wider canvas of what a Disney park could be. It's sad that aspect will leave the resort.
The show is a great tribute to that unique park and the music and songs have become classics but it unfortunately derailed in the end showing us what Nextcot is going to be.