Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Air flow is opposite the direction of travel, right? Would sitting on the side looking backwards solve the blown dress/skirt issue? Of course, unless the gondola slows or stops and a wind gust comes from the other side or there's crosswind.

Air flow is opposite the direction of travel, right? Would sitting on the side looking backwards solve the blown dress/skirt issue? Of course, unless the gondola slows or stops and a wind gust comes from the other side or there's crosswind.

It's not on the car (that I noticed), it's walking up to load. There's a maybe 20 foot stretch of walkway, hence "M.M. Alley."

So, is it true that concerns were expressed by the Orlando Fire Dept at some point regarding evacuating people?
Yes. There was actually a news interview where they were talking about how long an evacuation would take of the skyliner. They were basically making the point that for each car they would have to move all the equipment and set up again. As I recall hearing they evacuated 6 cars the other night in 3 hours? So we can imagine how long it would take if they actually had to evacuate the whole line.

It's not on the car (that I noticed), it's walking up to load. There's a maybe 20 foot stretch of walkway, hence "M.M. Alley."
Sorry, I should've quoted Nick where it's bolded below in my previous post. I assumed he meant the air flow while riding in the gondolas.​
I will bring up a point that no one has yet... for women riding the skyliner, make sure to hold on to your dress if you’re wearing one. With the air flow up from the bottom, dresses are a bad mix for this system.

Yes. There was actually a news interview where they were talking about how long an evacuation would take of the skyliner. They were basically making the point that for each car they would have to move all the equipment and set up again. As I recall hearing they evacuated 6 cars the other night in 3 hours? So we can imagine how long it would take if they actually had to evacuate the whole line.
I'm sure that will change now...The buckets over water really freak me out haha

For the record, I got stuck on the Skyride at BGT and I never felt particularly worried.

These two signs for the Skyliner seem to have completely different art styles. I'm getting a futuristic vibe from the first and then a more classic, european-style vibe from the second
One was taken from the Pop/AoA station, the other from International Gateway, which is themed to look European.