Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

I'm confused. They have a billion land for the same IP in the same park yet this completely separate experience is getting updated instead of replaced? I don't get it. It has to be super confusing to guests why it's even there. And then I think how the GP will confuse this with the marketing of Rise of the Resistance. Some people will even think they're just updating smugglers run.

Yup they’re confusing the market.

A Star Wars holiday special. What could go wrong?
that was the first recorded instance of the plot line, invented by Lucas before Universal ever used it...."And something terrible went wrong". ....and then he used it again when he released the second three movies, "Something absolutely horrible & terrible went wrong"....Universal took notice and the rest is history. ;):lol:

I'm confused. They have a billion dollar land for the same IP in the same park yet this completely separate experience is getting updated instead of replaced? I don't get it. It has to be super confusing to guests why it's even there. And then I think how the GP will confuse this with the marketing of Rise of the Resistance. Some people will even think they're just updating smugglers run.

Yup they’re confusing the market.
Based on what @Marni1971 has said, they are rethinking a retheme, unfortunately.

so sorry. You’re right. A holiday cupcake will be enough to get the Disney fans through the door. I’m shocked they haven’t pulled that from their idea bag.
Or a mini cutting board so small that you can't cut anything on it but baby carrots. Disney fans love those.

Not sure if the mummy was an AA at Akbar's Adventure Tours at Busch Gardens Tampa. If memory doesn't fail me it had in cabin effects earlier than Star Tours but an AA as plot device is as far as I know unique to Star Tours.
AA type (AA is Disney copyright) drivers on Reign of Kong. Not a true simulator but somewhat similar with the tunnel screen.

Not sure if the mummy was an AA at Akbar's Adventure Tours at Busch Gardens Tampa. If memory doesn't fail me it had in cabin effects earlier than Star Tours but an AA as plot device is as far as I know unique to Star Tours.
How was Akbar’s Adventure Tours? :)
Why did it close? Did anything replace it yet?

How was Akbar’s Adventure Tours? :)
Why did it close? Did anything replace it yet?
It was a crazy simulator through the tombs of egypt, a marketplace, and the pyramids...At one point a mummy popped out of the ceiling and you got blasted with air as a snake hissed at you.

It was a great attraction and I feel BGT just didn't want to take care of it

It is now a permanent haunted house location

It was a crazy simulator through the tombs of egypt, a marketplace, and the pyramids...At one point a mummy popped out of the ceiling and you got blasted with air as a snake hissed at you.

It was a great attraction and I feel BGT just didn't want to take care of it

It is now a permanent haunted house location
That is cool! Are there any good povs on Youtube? How was Questor?

Armchair Imagineering/dreaming here- but they still would have the possibility to connect it to Muppet's area. Not that they ever would, of course.

The entrance would be just next to Pizza Rizzo right near the entrance to the land on your left. You'd cross over to the current queue/showbuilding and the rest is history.

You would actually gain the entire Endor outside area, Tatooine traders as well as the stage to build another gift shop/restaurant/whatever in those spots.

The other side of that coin is they could level everything from it, to Backlot Express, to Indy and have a massive amount of land to work with.

DHS has a lot to work on still. TSL and Star wars were a good start, but the flow of the park is still awful on right side. Connecting Sunset and Animation courtyard (while fixing Animation Courtyard) should actually be the priority over anything else, IMO.

That is cool! Are there any good povs on Youtube? How was Questor?
There aren't any that I can find...I wish

Armchair Imagineering/dreaming here- but they still would have the possibility to connect it to Muppet's area. Not that they ever would, of course.

The entrance would be just next to Pizza Rizzo right near the entrance to the land on your left. You'd cross over to the current queue/showbuilding and the rest is history.

You would actually gain the entire Endor outside area, Tatooine traders as well as the stage to build another gift shop/restaurant/whatever in those spots.

The other side of that coin is they could level everything from it, to Backlot Express, to Indy and have a massive amount of land to work with.

DHS has a lot to work on still. TSL and Star wars were a good start, but the flow of the park is still awful on right side. Connecting Sunset and Animation courtyard (while fixing Animation Courtyard) should actually be the priority over anything else, IMO.
This would be great...Muppets is one of the most underutilized properties at Disney IMO