Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're done with the Purge.

But also, reminder - this is the "IP That Has Yet to Come" thread and we're inching away from that...

:bigeye: 30 spec is gonna be insane when it opens up.

I feel like one IP well that still has plenty left in it is the Cult Classic one. Plenty of ones they can use that have gotten bigger in recent years. Personally I feel like Suspiria, Sleepaway Camp, Black Christmas, and Return of the Living Dead are some of the most easily accessible ones but I’m not sure how the rights situations are for them.

They're done with the Purge.

But also, reminder - this is the "IP That Has Yet to Come" thread and we're inching away from that...
That breath you're feeling on the back of your neck?

It's not me, waiting for the spec thread to open.

Or is it?

It is.

:bigeye: 30 spec is gonna be insane when it opens up.

I feel like one IP well that still has plenty left in it is the Cult Classic one. Plenty of ones they can use that have gotten bigger in recent years. Personally I feel like Suspiria, Sleepaway Camp, Black Christmas, and Return of the Living Dead are some of the most easily accessible ones but I’m not sure how the rights situations are for them.

Suspiria (the original) could work very well. In fact, an Italian giallo house could be a lot of fun and is a major horror sub-genre HHN has yet to hit.

Thinking about underrepresented sub-genres is an interesting approach. 50s style giant animal/ bug movies? Lovecraftian horror?

And while I might be mature enough to realize HHN is catering to an audience of which I’m not a part, I’m certainly not mature enough to stop endlessly complaining about it. I am a fan, after all. That’s our job.

Status
Not open for further replies.