Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

The one thing I think I'd love to see more than anything for the resort as a whole would be to have zero construction for the celebration. No walls, no cranes, just everything up and running and operating as it should be.
One think I'd love to see would be a complete refurb of the Peter Pan ride. They did an excellent job with the new queue scenes. It would be nice if a classic ride like that measured up to it's queue.

The one thing I think I'd love to see more than anything for the resort as a whole would be to have zero construction for the celebration. No walls, no cranes, just everything up and running and operating as it should be.
At MK this should be the case. Most parks actually. 2021 is aiming to be a big year for every park. Key word: aiming.

One think I'd love to see would be a complete refurb of the Peter Pan ride. They did an excellent job with the new queue scenes. It would be nice if a classic ride like that measured up to it's queue.
I'd love to see that too. Haven't heard anything about it though. I know that a lot of refurbs are planned before 2021 though so maybe Pan is one of them.

Pan frequently goes down for refurb though, the question is will they actually commit to gutting and updating the ride, which would take an extended period of time.

And i'll amend my statement that Lightcycle Run is off the table. That doesn't mean it's happening, just that it's among the many, many things being discussed.

Everything I hear for MK basically goes in one ear and out the other at this point as there's so much being thrown around. Once things calm down, we should get a more accurate read on things.

It seems like MK has the least rumours out of all the parks. It could be that it's a little less untouchable compared to the rest or like you said, it's non stop crazy ideas that everything is taken with a huge grainy of salt.

It seems like MK has the least rumours out of all the parks. It could be that it's a little less untouchable compared to the rest or like you said, it's non stop crazy ideas that everything is taken with a huge grainy of salt.
Epcot certainly has the most credible rumors right now (and there are a lot of them)

I haven't, nor has anyone else here that i've seen, mentioned anything about MK rumors all that much outside of this thread. It's not like we should be expecting a bunch of new builds, but Tomorrowland is up for a possible complete overhaul for the 50th and there's still faint talk of the Frontierland ride, although I believe that has died off a bit with Tomorrowland now being the main focus.

Pretty much everything in Tomorrowland (sans Peoplemover and CoP) for an overhaul and there is a potential for a new build, but it's all in the air right now. For example, the Wreck-it Ralph stuff people thought was definite back late last year is actually almost unlikely now.

I have a simple formula concerning WDW rumors....Well, one thing I do after seeing all the rumors is I automatically eliminate any rumor started by Jim Hill. I give the most weight to ideas thrown out by Marni, and Spirit is also generally right on WDW info (but not Universal info).

I have a simple formula concerning WDW rumors....Well, one thing I do after seeing all the rumors is I automatically eliminate any rumor started by Jim Hill. I give the most weight to ideas thrown out by Marni, and Spirit is also generally right on WDW info (but not Universal info).
Jim Hill is wrong because he likes to tell stories, so he just throws everything he hears out there. Occasionally he'll get something right.

It's much wiser as you said to trust Marni or Spirit (although i've stopped reading his threads as his writing style is like a WDW Tabloid and he seemingly has to tear pretty much everyone down to make himself feel better). However, both of them are much more careful about sharing information, especially Marni, so they are more likely to have accurate information.

Jim Hill is wrong because he likes to tell stories, so he just throws everything he hears out there. Occasionally he'll get something right.

It's much wiser as you said to trust Marni or Spirit (although i've stopped reading his threads as his writing style is like a WDW Tabloid and he seemingly has to tear pretty much everyone down to make himself feel better. However, both of them are much more careful about sharing information, especially Marni, so they are more likely to have accurate information.
Yes, Spirit has become more insufferable than ever and so many of the people posting on the thread are equally insufferable. The only cool posters are the ones that also post here on OU. So, I've gotten to the point I just read the three or four posts that Spirit makes that have real info, and I skip through his other posts and those of everyone who doesn't post here.

Epcot certainly has the most credible rumors right now (and there are a lot of them)

I haven't, nor has anyone else here that i've seen, mentioned anything about MK rumors all that much outside of this thread. It's not like we should be expecting a bunch of new builds, but Tomorrowland is up for a possible complete overhaul for the 50th and there's still faint talk of the Frontierland ride, although I believe that has died off a bit with Tomorrowland now being the main focus.

Pretty much everything in Tomorrowland (sans Peoplemover and CoP) for an overhaul and there is a potential for a new build, but it's all in the air right now. For example, the Wreck-it Ralph stuff people thought was definite back late last year is actually almost unlikely now.

The two rumours I've heard both seem to be off putting by Universal. I can't see Disney building a volcano ride because of VB and Wreck-it Ralph seems like a great idea but I can't see Disney putting their A team on it and when the sequels biggest strength is having Mario in it and Universal are building what looks like is going to be a next level land, it looks like no matter what Disney do, it's going to pale in comparison.

The two rumours I've heard both seem to be off putting by Universal. I can't see Disney building a volcano ride because of VB and Wreck-it Ralph seems like a great idea but I can't see Disney putting their A team on it and when the sequels biggest strength is having Mario in it and Universal are building what looks like is going to be a next level land, it looks like no matter what Disney do, it's going to pale in comparison.
WiR is certainly not dependent on Mario and people actually would probably be more confused than anything. Besides, Bowser only had a cameo in the first movie.

The game portal world they created with worlds like Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty and characters like Ralph, Felix and Venelope are all FAR more memorable from the movie and important to the franchise than Mario is. Don't look too far into that.

As far as a volcano attraction, I personally haven't heard of it, but if Universal or Disney having something meant the other couldn't have something similar, a lot would be missing from both resorts.

Brining this thread back from the dead because we are now two years closer.

The 50th is 2021. Do we expect the anniversary to be celebrated?

When was DL’s 60th event announced? It might give us an idea of when the campaign would be announced for WDW.

Brining this thread back from the dead because we are now two years closer.

The 50th is 2021. Do we expect the anniversary to be celebrated?

When was DL’s 60th event announced? It might give us an idea of when the campaign would be announced for WDW.
It will certainly be celebrated. They plan to make a big deal about it without really doing much if you get what i'm saying. Originally there were plans for a new electrical parade and a 50th anniversary fireworks show at MK, but now the Parade isn't happening and it's sounding like the 50th Fireworks show will essentially be HEA: 50th Anniversary edition.

It just happens to fall within the year. I do think they will make an attempt to have every park get *something* new in 2021 though and with MK getting Tron and Epcot getting GotG, that just leaves DHS and DAK. An updated version of Fantasmic, a layover of RNRC or replacing one of the old shows with a new one would all suffice at DHS and at DAK maybe they replace Rivers of Light with something good?

Weren't some tasteful refurbs/plussings of classic attractions on the table for the 50th? I'd heard that getting some of Disneyland's projection effects for Big Thunder and finally updating the final scene of Carousel of Progress were being discussed at one point.

Weren't some tasteful refurbs/plussings of classic attractions on the table for the 50th? I'd heard that getting some of Disneyland's projection effects for Big Thunder and finally updating the final scene of Carousel of Progress were being discussed at one point.
I believe they’ve all been speculated,
but no rumors. I honestly hope this occurs at MK.