Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

If true this may mean another big potential, original project for USH got scrapped in favor of Diagon... what the heck is going on lately?
No idea if nay of this is true, but considering the horrendous opening of Jurassic World: The Ride I wouldn't be shocked to see Universal go for something they know works.

horrendous opening of Jurassic World
Sure things are not 100% perfect and we knew going in they were going to improve during the winter refurbishment but I think the JW transformation was a huge success. The area is better, Jurassic cafe is better and the ride has long lines. I think they did a good job. Upgrading an aging ride system is not that easy.

No idea if nay of this is true, but considering the horrendous opening of Jurassic World: The Ride I wouldn't be shocked to see Universal go for something they know works.

Sure things are not 100% perfect and we knew going in they were going to improve during the winter refurbishment but I think the JW transformation was a huge success. The area is better, Jurassic cafe is better and the ride has long lines. I think they did a good job. Upgrading an aging ride system is not that easy.

Agreed with Sail. Horrendous is a strong word to use. Flawed, but not horrendous.

Agreed with Sail. Horrendous is a strong word to use. Flawed, but not horrendous.
Well it sounds the opening of the ride itself hasn't been far from horrendous considering portions of the ride aren't working. But maybe a tad harsh, yes. The area as a whole is improved can't disasgree on that. Anyone who doesn't see this as a botch though idk what to tell ya. Id imagine it has them nervous for SLOP

Well it sounds the opening of the ride itself hasn't been far from horrendous considering portions of the ride aren't working. But maybe a tad harsh, yes. The area as a whole is improved can't disasgree on that. Anyone who doesn't see this as a botch though idk what to tell ya. Id imagine it has them nervous for SLOP

SLOP does not have them worried. They just have to learn the lesson of not rushing to open something that's not ready for the public.

It's just one - the I-Rex; and it is working, but it is a temporary placeholder for the real AA that they are about to install.

That's it.

I think you're fishing for problems that aren't there.
When people were discussing why they would go for Diagon over an original land/ride my argument was that the rough opening of JW may have impacted their decision to go for Diagon and something they already know works and how to work it, thats all.

It's just one - the I-Rex; and it is working, but it is a temporary placeholder for the real AA that they are about to install.

That's it.
And thats like, the finale and major part of the ride. I think people would prefer the real one is there when the ride opens and not the placeholder. Hasn't there been issues lately with the screen as well and the timing being off? Also sorry for the double post, not sure how to fix it.

When people were discussing why they would go for Diagon over an original land/ride my argument was that the rough opening of JW may have impacted their decision to go for Diagon and something they already know works and how to work it, thats all.

And thats like, the finale and major part of the ride. I think people would prefer the real one is there when the ride opens and not the placeholder. Hasn't there been issues lately with the screen as well and the timing being off? Also sorry for the double post, not sure how to fix it.

No one is saying it wasn't a blunder. Universal is just not treating it as "botched" as your insinuating.

I also haven't heard anything about the screens other than normal hiccups.

No one is saying it wasn't a blunder. Universal is just not treating it as "botched" as your insinuating.

I also haven't heard anything about the screens other than normal hiccups.
Thats fair, was just speculating that it may be the case why they potentially decide to go for Diagon over another UC West project right away.

I mean, weren't they ready to announce Diagon a couple years ago, even so far as calling the press together... only to get cold feet and instead announce a new park logo?

I believe that plan called for the same location that is being whispered about now, and it isn't the tram plaza. I'm a bit more skeptical for a few reasons, but I'd keep an eye on this space.
What is the location in question? Falls Lake area?

Im hearing rumors that Diagon Alley is in the works, replacing Waterworld but there has to be more to it, maybe just have that area be Diagon Alley the land and have Gringotts towards the end with the queue between Universal Cinema and Forbidden Journey leading up to a show building off the hillside replacing some of the Tour loading area as well, space is very limited.

A few questions:
1. What is the rumored new location? Mummy, the tram, somewhere else?

2. What was the rumored exclusive land that would have used this plot if DA didn’t come?

I mean, I feel like thats a lot of Money for Universal to want to throw down after Nintendo. I thought they'd kinda take a break from bigger construction after Nintendoland...but it would make me very happy to see more Potter in the parks and I'd keep my AP for sure with two more lands