Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Its the best show in the park....IDK. We have room where the Tram loading station is (a good deal with warhouses and roads are if those can be used)
I would be down if they could make ours unique to USH

I’m all for keeping WW AND getting Hagrid’s, but I’m uncertain how moving it to the tram loading station would work. Are you saying the loading station moves to the lower lot and you board Hagrid’s in WWoHP and it takes a turn down into that area? I was trying to place it in a similar area to where it’s located in Orlando.

When Waterworld eventually goes (which I don't think it will for a while) then I think it will be a MOM show & shops.

Interesting fact: Waterworld was marked on one of the USH evolution plans as 'future theme park development'
Maybe if we got a version of Bourne in the lower lot :shrug:

I’m all for keeping WW AND getting Hagrid’s, but I’m uncertain how moving it to the tram loading station would work. Are you saying the loading station moves to the lower lot and you board Hagrid’s in WWoHP and it takes a turn down into that area? I was trying to place it in a similar area to where it’s located in Orlando.
If they could fit the Q there sure but Think it would be more just having it in that lower area Q and the ride and maybe use some of the hill as well for the ride

If they could fit the Q there sure but Think it would be more just having it in that lower area Q and the ride and maybe use some of the hill as well for the ride

You’d absolutely have to have the queue within Hogsmeade. It’d be interesting to have the queue also pass by Hagrid’s hut by the Hippogriff.

You’d absolutely have to have the queue within Hogsmeade. It’d be interesting to have the queue also pass by Hagrid’s hut by the Hippogriff.
I really do not think the common guest cares where the Q is...a ride is a ride. But I think if you asked most people take away a show...or more the tram entrance most would move the entrance because you'd not lose something

Why settle for a short version of Hagrid's when you could have the full version of it in the tram plaza? If we do get Hagrid's, I either want the full version or none at all. I don't want another RotM situation where Florida gets the good version and we get a crap version because "ThErE's No SpAcE."

WaterWorld should be ear-marked for either a new mini land on a different IP, a roller coaster, or new HP roller coaster concept.

Just found this interesting little blurb on the ThemeParx Universal Studios Hollywood expansion section:
"Hearing a rumbling that Orlando's Potter VR attraction is being considered for park expansion (not as a replacement for an existing attraction) in Hollywood. However theme and placement is still being debated internally."

Just found this interesting little blurb on the ThemeParx Universal Studios Hollywood expansion section:
"Hearing a rumbling that Orlando's Potter VR attraction is being considered for park expansion (not as a replacement for an existing attraction) in Hollywood. However theme and placement is still being debated internally."

Guest is a reliable leaker, so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Seems like an easy win and a smart/quick addition.

Also feels like a solid scenario to where Hagrids can't be done, but they *could* do something with the tones.

Have it include in the shrieking Shack as part of the VR film (with perhaps Gary Oldman leading instead of Robbie) and you might have an instant win for USH.

Oh boy. More simulators at USH. Yay.

So I take it this VR ride isn’t very big? I mean, where would it go?

One major selling point of this attraction creatively is that it doesn't need much space. It is a very easy attraction to create and configure to different lots at the parks (which I why I am not surprised that this attraction is rumored to go to Hollywood).

With that said, I did hear that Epic Universe's version of this attraction was going to be somewhat big in terms of height.

So I take it this VR ride isn’t very big? I mean, where would it go?
Special Effects Stage is the obvious pick, but it's in an akward place between Hogsmeade and Springfield.

The Studio Tour makes the most sense as the Quidditch pitch behind the castle.

EDIT: Or they get rid of the Simpsons ride and make Springfield a land without an attraction. Boom, if you need height, that show building has it.

Also feels like a solid scenario to where Hagrids can't be done, but they *could* do something with the tones.
A solid Velocicoaster could be done in the Mummy space though, if it's compact like Taron.

Last edited:
Special Effects Stage is the obvious pick, but it's in an akward place between Hogsmeade and Springfield.

EDIT: Or they get rid of the Simpsons ride and make Springfield a land without an attraction. Boom, if you need height, that show building has it.

A solid Velocicoaster could be done in the Mummy space though, if it's compact like Taron.

Definitely. Dig further into the ground, and you definitely have the potential for a Taron/FLY level coaster. Difficulties aside on sound barriers, there are legitimate ways of working around for it.

As far as PotterVR, the FJ overflow and the hillside next to that and the Tour should be more than enough if it's multi floored.

What a colossal waste of space if they put that in the studio tour area. Call me crazy but they could put Hagrid’s in the tour plaza if they really wanted to.

And I agree about having a Taron-caliber coaster go where Mummy is. USH needs a decent coaster so bad.

This might line up with an insane rumor passed down to me this summer in terms of the park's configuration. Hmmm...
Interesting. Are you at liberty to elaborate a tad more?

Kind of? Let's just say there are/were plans to *literally* expand the upper lot.

Whether or not they do happen, whom to see. Though it does make sense. Logistical issues aside, if USH is looking at the future of the park post SNW, Springfield has to be the paramount concern due to the contract. I'd have to think they're really debating on what to do because of that area, and the limited time nature and how close it is to Hogsmeade (Alongside that of the Castle Theater and BTTF/Simpsons Ride structures being some of the park's oldest still standing).

Whether or not they do happen, whom to see. Though it does make sense. Logistical issues aside, if USH is looking at the future of the park post SNW, Springfield has to be the paramount concern due to the contract. I'd have to think they're really debating on what to do because of that area, and the limited time nature and how close it is to Hogsmeade (Alongside that of the Castle Theater and BTTF/Simpsons Ride structures being some of the park's oldest still standing).
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think if USH were smart, they would just do a quick retheme to a NY street since the structure is already there. That way they have more flexibility to put any “standalone”ride they would like. They can concert the AA stage into a NY-themed theater for any show of their choice and leave the SES stage for a new ride…like….um….maybe….a GB ride?

Hope an expansion is on the way. All these decades later and USH still has little to do in comparison to other socal parks. They’ve made improvements sure, but there’s so much more they could do to offer better revisit value.