The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hope an expansion is on the way. All these decades later and USH still has little to do in comparison to other socal parks. They’ve made improvements sure, but there’s so much more they could do to offer better revisit value.

Well, it's not easy to expand when you have an actual studio being next to the park.

So if this goes where Simpsons is I get it but really no other room without something else going

Do you think they regret not putting Dream Works Theater where the TWD attractions to have more room for Potter their biggest thing going for the park?

With Pets proving that they can fit in a ride like that in such a compact space, I see no reason why they couldn't have PotterVR just go over towards the treeside made for Hogsmeade and the FJ overflow.

With Simpsons/BTTF, they've proven that they are not shy on building on terrain environments, and they can fit in a building that'd be .7 acres in size. More than enough, especially if they'd desire to add multiple floors to make up for capacity that could be lost.

1639368980238.png

Orange being the showbuilding, and purple being some kind of new plaza.

It'd allow them to block off the Burbank views and in essence, allowing them to isolate the land further and properly. While in doing so expanding the footprint of the land into that purple. It wouldn't even take much from FJ's overflow, and could be a way to incorporate a new locker system for FJ like what they have done for IOA's.

Plus, it'd save them Springfield, the Castle Theater, and the Studio Tour plaza to be completely separated projects. In a world where Pet's is a .5 acre attraction, you can certainly bet that UC would be able to figure something out on PotterVR for that location (and I should stress in my thought vis, it's .09 for that purple and .7 for the orange. It is a near .8 acre area of land that can work if they are creative).

Last edited:
With Pets proving that they can fit in a ride like that in such a compact space, I see no reason why they couldn't have PotterVR just go over towards the treeside made for Hogsmeade and the FJ overflow.

With Simpsons/BTTF, they've proven that they are not shy on building on terrain environments, and they can fit in a building that'd be .7 acres in size. More than enough, especially if they'd desire to add multiple floors to make up for capacity that could be lost.

View attachment 15691

It'd allow them to block off the Burbank views and in essence, allowing them to isolate the land further and properly. While in doing so expanding the footprint of the land into that purple. It wouldn't even take much from FJ's overflow, and could be a way to incorporate a new locker system for FJ like what they have done for IOA's.

Plus, it'd save them Springfield, the Castle Theater, and the Studio Tour plaza to be completely separated projects. In a world where Pet's is a .5 acre attraction, you can certainly bet that UC would be able to figure something out on PotterVR for that location (and I should stress in my thought vis, it's .09 for that purple and .7 for the orange. It is a near .8 acre area of land that can work if they are creative).

This is a really good idea!

View attachment 15691

The problem is FJ actually uses most of that overflow queue on busy days. This is THE main E-ticket ride in the park and the queue can get fairly full. They would have to find more space for an overflow queue.

Last edited:
Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
The problem is FJ actually uses most of that overflow queue on busy days. This is main THE E-ticket ride in the park and the queue can get fairly full. They would have to find more space for an overflow queue.
Maybe some sort of Virtual Q then on those days. But if Universal can put a new ride in and not remove anything then I hope they do it

I'd argue part of the future for USH is going to eventually go the direction of Vqueues.

It's a small enough of a park thatd make more sense than others, IMO. At the very least for the UPR chain.

I'd argue part of the future for USH is going to eventually go the direction of Vqueues.

It's a small enough of a park thatd make more sense than others, IMO. At the very least for the UPR chain.
God, i hope.

Their is still room for some more attractions at the park but mainly have to not have Q's or much smaller Qs.

Comes to remind me, USH never had an interactive attraction like Star Wars: Millennium Falcon at Disneyland. If USH has a Harry Potter ride in a similar manner, it would be acceptable. USH however would have to sell to the public to convince them how worthy the HP VR attraction really would be.

Comes to remind me, USH never had an interactive attraction like Star Wars: Millennium Falcon at Disneyland. If USH has a Harry Potter ride in a similar manner, it would be acceptable. USH however would have to sell to the public to convince them how worthy the HP VR attraction really would be.

It seems like they're taking lessons learned from things such as Mario Kart, considering what people like @Alicia has said on the subject of how they'll handle the VR goggles directly. There is also the benefit that USH will be able to use PotterVR at USF as the way of showing that "hey, this can and will work."

Different films be potentially damned, it'd be something unique and varied for Hollywood. Especially with the benefit of what they could do in this location where as what they'll be doing for the USF version.

Where will people go when they're waiting in the virtual queue? That park has no room.

A fair question. One that made me..albeit think.

Thought about it all tonight even. And with guesstimates thanks in part to PotterVR's theater guess of 12 (as I will for the moment), I throw in a quandry (And I'd love it if I was corrected and proven wrong. Genuinely, going mathematicist here).

So let's assume in this scenario, PotterVR is primarly following suit of Fallon's example, of using lobbies as holding pens. Have an initial starting hold pen, but after that, you have three separated lobbies, each specifically made for the sake of keeping people contained for a preshow on each distinguished floor. Now let's assume it'd be 9 theaters per floor, or nine rooms per floor, where you have people experience it. For each floor having nine rooms total for when the "Ride" begins, that could allow Universal Studios Hollywood to have over 27 rooms for a Hollywood Potter VR. Perhaps more, if the motion bases are small enough to not be overly big (but I am keeping in mind distancing for each person with the interactivity of each film).

That in result, could allow if all rooms at the same time are to be used, and this is where I am probably extremely off kilter, having a capacity at around that of 324 people at that same instance.

Simpsons, does something similar; albeit with more capacity as it is done in one theater but with a gradually increased amount of vehicles in the room (being around that of 3 on the lower, 4 on the mid, and 5 on the upper). PotterVR would essentially be that for Hollywood, minus the increase per floor.

This, might be a better answer with more explanation on how they could fit in a reworked FJ overflow as-well. Assuming it shares with PotterVR in a sense.

1639454389956.png

Light Blue = Reworked FJ queue, with potential additional queue space for PotterVR West
Yellow = New Locker Location
Magenta = Main PotterVR queue, and ramps or stairs to lead people into the main lobby and preshow (With the white box as the main lobby for each floor)
Lime Green = Main brain of the area (With the main preshow and gearing up area in the large oval, with the smaller circles being that of each specific room for each specific floor)
Orange = Gift Shop

I probably screwed up, I am going to be shocked if I didn't, but this feels like to me, the ideal way to expand Hogsmeade and use PotterVR, without having to do Castle Theater nor Springfield. Let them be their own things, dangit. And yeah, as I said, I am more than excited to be wrong, as I wanna see where Universal goes from here considering how nutty Pets is in the grand scope of things.

Last edited:
4 years later and the intro projection is still out of focus
Do you mean the floo scene after Hermione? I’ve noticed that too. I’ve also noticed the first dome scene’s quality will vary based on which projector you get. Seems like at least one has not been upgraded to 4K.

Glad to hear the dragon’s back! Last week it was uncovered but wasn’t moving. First time I’ve seen its whole body - never knew it had arms and legs. Always thought it was just a head!

I hate the idea of blocking the view of Burbank from Hogsmeade. That’s the only reason to ride FotH - sunset views of the valley!

Reactions: Ron101
Do you mean the floo scene after Hermione? I’ve noticed that too. I’ve also noticed the first dome scene’s quality will vary based on which projector you get. Seems like at least one has not been upgraded to 4K.

Glad to hear the dragon’s back! Last week it was uncovered but wasn’t moving. First time I’ve seen its whole body - never knew it had arms and legs. Always thought it was just a head!

I hate the idea of blocking the view of Burbank from Hogsmeade. That’s the only reason to ride FotH - sunset views of the valley!
Yes the floo scene. Does no one in maintenance notice this? The projection is already very cheesy so I could see how they miss it.