Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

You answered it yourself.
Haha very true. But, there were tons of discussions about certain tracks being needed to be taken down and everything and wear and tear so didn't know if this may actually be true. I will say, if he'd know anything it'd be something like this. I could see a team member maybe passing along that info if he's like a weekly park guest. Not like he'd know about LOTR though :lol:

Random thought...do you guys think they cover up and remove the hand triggers (hand on chest, air blast hologram and trap air blast cam) in the queue once they reopen? Do you think they’ll remove those for good?

Random thought...do you guys think they cover up and remove the hand triggers (hand on chest, air blast hologram and trap air blast cam) in the queue once they reopen? Do you think they’ll remove those for good?

I'd absolutely guarantee all interactive queue elements will be temporary removed but they were only just talking about the science of them in the youtube series so I'd bet on that being temporary.

Now what will I lick when I go through the queue?

Real talk, if they took away that air blast I wouldn't be unhappy about it

This, MIB and ET have just 45-55 min waits right now...meanwhile Transformers, Gringott's, Simpsons, Despicable Me, etc. all have 75-130. :/

Great to hear about the enhancements, though. :)

I'm so glad to hear that Mummy is still getting some attention. Maybe they know that if it ever went anywhere, people would absolutely lose their minds.

Question on something I’ve never noticed before on the Mummy that I noticed yesterday. Were those physical scarabs coming out of of the hole(?) in the middle of the screen in that room? They didn’t look like projected ones to me.

Question on something I’ve never noticed before on the Mummy that I noticed yesterday. Were those physical scarabs coming out of of the hole(?) in the middle of the screen in that room? They didn’t look like projected ones to me.
Yes, there is a fun practical scarab effect where they drop out of a reservoir into a tray and fall

Also there is a rotating scarab effect on the columns and a practical scarab curtain that moves through the whole room when they come out of the wall

Mixed with projection it's a fun little grouping of effects practical and projected