Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

If they need a "run-out" area for a major coaster outside the current developed area of the park, I'd guess they would use the retention pond area to the north of the park (just beyond the rapids and Kumba):

Google Maps

They did that at SeaWorld for routing Mako's long run out of the middle of the park.

If they need a "run-out" area for a major coaster outside the current developed area of the park, I'd guess they would use the retention pond area to the north of the park (just beyond the rapids and Kumba):

Google Maps

They did that at SeaWorld for routing Mako's long run out of the middle of the park.
This has been a rumored location for a while...I would love that as well

Don’t want it. I’d rather have a clone of Mako before that.
I'm basing this statement off past history, but it feels like SWO and BGT are very careful to differentiate offerings.

Ironically, Mako was supposed to be at BGT and a part of the Jungala expansion...and then it got moved.

It's why we probably wont see a dive coaster at SWO or B&M flying coaster at BGT

I'm basing this statement off past history, but it feels like SWO and BGT are very careful to differentiate offerings.

Ironically, Mako was supposed to be at BGT and a part of the Jungala expansion...and then it got moved.

It's why we probably wont see a dive coaster at SWO or B&M flying coaster at BGT
Oh I know. I was just stating the irony it would be to get a clone of a ride down the road at one of their other parks...and that at least THAT ride as a clone would be worth it.

The whole reason they don’t build rides of the same type (B&M flyer, B&M invert, etc) is because they want people to visit BOTH parks while they’re on their vacations. What’s the point in visiting Busch Gardens if they have all the same type of coasters as Sea World?

Oh I know. I was just stating the irony it would be to get a clone of a ride down the road at one of their other parks...and that at least THAT ride as a clone would be worth it.

The whole reason they don’t build rides of the same type (B&M flyer, B&M invert, etc) is because they want people to visit BOTH parks while they’re on their vacations. What’s the point in visiting Busch Gardens if they have all the same type of coasters as Sea World?
As much as I want it, I don't see us ever getting the 300ft B&M at BGT

Any word on what’s going on where Critter Castaways once was? Looks like some work is being done
(1 min in)

Any word on what’s going on where Critter Castaways once was? Looks like some work is being done
(1 min in)

I haven't seen anyone mention any permits related to that site, so maybe that means it's nothing significant? I do wish they'd put something useful or at least visually appealing there, like a stage or a lagoon, rather than just leave it as an empty field. Maybe after 2021 the bird gardens area will finally get some much-needed attention.

I think they should give the coasters a rest for a little while. BG will be fine once IG opens. I'd like to see them put in a nice dark ride or a well-themed water ride (I'd take a coaster hybrid in that case). Cobra's Curse looks great and seems to be doing pretty well if wait times are anything to go by. I hope they'll keep trying well-themed experiences.

I want the Giga as much as the next guy, but Mako scratches that itch for me quite nicely, and rounding out the park a bit would probably do them a lot of good now and in the future. With Tidal Wave closed and Stanley falls rarely having a line, I think they should just raze Stanley (and Scorpion if necessary) and build a water ride that's actually interesting.

Honestly, I think Tigris was an uncessary addition. They should have gone straight to Iron Gwazi and used Tidal Wave's spot for a proper new water ride.

A few more flats would be nice too.

I don't think the rumored plan to enclose Cheetah Chase was a bad idea. Now that Cobra's Curse is around, it would be cool if they tried to make a little more interesting to match.

Last edited:
Do y'all remember that plan to enclose Sand Serpent that got leaked a few years back? Well, what are the chances that we see that plan come back whenever Phoenix gets replaced? Make it a expansion, with two flat rides and a Sand Serpent renovation.