Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

And these graphs always miss by far the biggest price increase to anyone who doesn’t go to WDW for long periods of time for vacation, the removal of non expiring tickets in 2014.

Rather than starting a new thread I guess I'll post this here. I noticed new electronic signs going in on World Drive for parking prices (more like Universal's). I've also noticed the Preferred Parking rate seems to change day to day. I wonder if all parking rates are going to vary by day like the ticket pricing in the near future. I have noticed that SeaWorld has been doing that, and it kind of makes sense Disney would as well. If the signs are electronic it makes it that much easier to change prices...

And as expected, Annual Pass pricing just went up: Disney World raises prices on annual passes

Disney World annual pass prices:

• Platinum Plus - stays $999 for Florida residents, but is up from $1219 to $1295 for non-Florida residents.
  • Platinum - stays $899 for Florida residents, but is up from $1119 to $1195 for non-Florida residents.
  • Gold - $719 - was $699
  • Silver - $539 - was $519
  • Weekday Select: $369 - was $349
  • Epcot After 4 Pass: $319 - was $304
Disney last raised the price of most of its annual passes in June 2019.

This is the the first time in years an increase is actually understandable with 2 new rides having opened at DHS since the last increase, MMRR opening next month and Rat opening at Epcot in the summer.

But in increase on crazy is still crazy.

This is the the first time in years an increase is actually understandable with 2 new rides having opened at DHS since the last increase, MMRR opening next month and Rat opening at Epcot in the summer.

But in increase on crazy is still crazy.
What? Those increases were specifically about pricing in the new rides mostly before people could buy tickets that covered when they were open.

*sigh*

My point was made poorly - i'm not trying to defend the increase. AP prices are going to be increased once if not twice a year at this point. My point was that looking at what we just got and what's coming up shortly, it's actually a reasonable time to increase prices... if prices weren't already so high.

I believe when the tiers were introduced, the GOLD level was somewhere around where SILVER is now, which blocks out all summer. I've already gone down to Silver on my most recent AP renewal. It wasn't long ago that I paid around $500 for *no blockouts*. Now i'm paying as much if not more to be blocked out during Spring Break/Easter, Summer and the last two weeks of the year. I like going to Disney as a local, but there's so much more I can be doing with my money. The weekday select pass might be the next step down as I actually don't even have time to go to the parks on the weekends much of the time so I can probably make that one work and be happy with it if I felt like it just wasn't worth it anymore. And it's not even a money thing for me, it's just a moral thing of "Why would I pay this much when I only go a few times a month anyway?" Sometimes I go months without going to the parks and then I feel like I NEED to go to make my pass worth it.

Who buys single day tickets anymore? You need at least 3 days at MK just to ride each ride once.

I actually just bought single day passes at MK, family trip with 9 people, couldn’t afford to do multiple days in the park and with my mom having advanced cancer, she couldn’t handle more than one day. Next trip with my wife and our best friend, thinking about possibly a single day of animal kingdom peppered into a Universal trip. So yea, some people do buy them.

Same. Did you get in on the Delta deal at 2cpp?

I’m actually hoping the single day prices increase a healthy amount before I bridge over to APs in January.
Wealthy dude prefers less crowds on increased ticket prices because it would save him money not buying vip tours. Yeet the rich.

Same. Did you get in on the Delta deal at 2cpp?

No, I am in Canada. We have a rewards program call Air Miles. We can redeem our miles for WDW, DL, USO, Legoland, SeaWorld, Blue Man Group and many more theme park tickets.

It truly helps make going to any of the parks affordable!

Wealthy dude prefers less crowds on increased ticket prices because it would save him money not buying vip tours. Yeet the rich.
Not even close. Price increases on daily tickets won't have me stop doing VIP tours daily.
My concern is the crowds. And if the price increases can make the walkways less crowded on my way to the Club 33 lounges, then I'm all for it.
Yeet the Golchomags.

Last edited:
Renember just how much the real wealthy hate you the middle class. You getting in their way because they also bought a ticket to something on a deal is a large offence. They make so much money that costing them a few hours of time is worth more than they make in a year over you. Disney decisions are influenced primarily off of these people.

and.....a return to differential one day ticket prices for the individual parks, at an increase of course....Interesting that AK has the lowest rates. Really shows that park needs more attractions to increase interest.
Park specific pricing in addition to date specific pricing.
* MK.....$124 to $189
* Epcot. $114 to $179
*DHS.....$124 to $179
*AK........$109 to $159

Parkhoppers increase

AP's will increase once sales resume
*Incredi Pass...$1399 ($1299)
*Sorcerer..........$969 ($899)
*Pirate...............$749 ($699)
Glad I bought my April 2023 vacation multi day tickets a couple of months ago. It was an easy guess this would happen.

Last edited: