Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

So I’ve heard there’s more to this than meets the eye. Idk if there’s enough to qualify it as an “attraction” though. Still expecting virtually nothing more than a water feature from this.

So with Disney basically freaking out and defunding construction, what do you guys think the likelihood is that they decide to leave the existing part of Innoventions West standing instead of spending the money to turn knock it down and turn it into a walkthrough area? That's almost where i'd lean at this point.

I think they finish everything they've started with Epcot, but do we really believe Disney will spend the money to knock down this building now if it can still be salvaged?

So with Disney basically freaking out and defunding construction, what do you guys think the likelihood is that they decide to leave the existing part of Innoventions West standing instead of spending the money to turn knock it down and turn it into a walkthrough area? That's almost where i'd lean at this point.

I think they finish everything they've started with Epcot, but do we really believe Disney will spend the money to knock down this building now if it can still be salvaged?

They'll still knock it down, but probably re-consider using the space for Moana.

I think it depends on how much of the interior they’ve gutted. If they’ve already ripped out a bunch of stuff (or had to rip out utilities when they took out East), I think they’ll just finish demolition.

I imagine there is an even bigger push to make the 50th succeed (compensate for this year), so there might not be time to pivot this project.

even money. Part of me does not get Disney's decision to stop all construction, but the other part of me also realizes that the company as it stands right now has close to no money coming in.

I think they will proceed with knocking it down, but make it a winding event space path.
The two story event space gets reduced a bit
Moana is basically a glorified splash pad so that may get reduced as well, or just not happen

I think they will proceed with knocking it down, but make it a winding event space path.
The two story event space gets reduced a bit
Moana is basically a glorified splash pad so that may get reduced as well, or just not happen
Oh, I think the event building absolutely happens. That thing makes back it’s money quick between being rented out by private groups and hosting dessert parties every night.

Oh, I think the event building absolutely happens. That thing makes back it’s money quick between being rented out by private groups and hosting dessert parties every night.
I agree. Unfortunately I think anything else that hasn’t substantially started yet will be paused for an undetermined amount of time. Moana, Poppins, SE redo and quite possibly the Play Pavilion may not get done in the near future.

Yes, I'm also expecting more event space than was previously thought

Demolition and a value engineered Moana splash pad will probably happen as they are pretty cheap. Poppins and the Play Pavilion, are most likely dead though. The Events Center may be postponed because 1. It will be expensive. And 2. I think it will get a 3rd redesign to cut costs.

Demolition and a value engineered Moana splash pad will probably happen as they are pretty cheap. Poppins and the Play Pavilion, are most likely dead though. The Events Center may be postponed because 1. It will be expensive. And 2. I think it will get a 3rd redesign to cut costs.
Lots of work has been happening on Play and from what i've heard they've already spent quite a bit of money dismantling the inside... Poppins is dead though.

I do think they take their sweet time finishing up on Play though and they may not restart construction on it until after Guardians is done.