Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iger Stepping Down, Chapek Replaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a death I took a hefty amount to cash at the end of last year. Can't wait for things to stabilize so I can get it back in. I thought the last recession would be my last big buying opportunity. This won't last forever.
yes....the old adage....buy into a low (providing it's a healthy well run company)

Tbh who would Disney look too in this time of certain crisis, the new boy or the person who has been steering the company for 15 years. Bob C may have a very good run as CEO but he is currently unproven and Disney needs to look to someone who they know can steer them through all that is happening.

But that’s not what a part of the board does? And that seems pretty revisionist?
The Executive Chairman is the top in charge according to Disney from Day 1 of this transfer.

whether or not it’s what he does though, he’s now basically acting as CEO, so he’s got power and lots of it.

I'm amazed that Universal haven't tried a food and wine type event. Binging with Babish has shown that there is a huge interest in movie and tv themed foods.
I think they were supposed to do a Top Chef type thing in USH. Dunno what kind of draw that would be but honestly I could see that being successful if they get contestants who also famously have restaurants. Would be good for foodies

In addition to furloughing their staff, it seems Disney will follow SeaWorld’s PR lunacy by giving their executives a bonus at this time.

Chapek or Iger or whichever Bob is running the show better have a good answer for this.

Yeah capitalism.
These company's make me sick, they are worse than a virus.

I talked about this on the last Parkscope podcast with the crew and Len Testa. The general thought we all have is this is a vote of confidence for Chapek with Iger taking the reigns on some of the COVID-19 response. For example, it took Iger 7 years before he was elected to the board. I imagine this was done to keep Chapek at TWDC.

I talked about this on the last Parkscope podcast with the crew and Len Testa. The general thought we all have is this is a vote of confidence for Chapek with Iger taking the reigns on some of the COVID-19 response. For example, it took Iger 7 years before he was elected to the board. I imagine this was done to keep Chapek at TWDC.
Well if i'm him, i'm not mad at all about Iger being the "clean up guy". It gives him someone to blame if things don't go perfectly after this and he comes out of COVID-19 with pretty much no blemishes and board backing now as the new CEO. He's stumbled himself into one of the most lucrative CEO roles out there, he'd be dumb to leave. Just look at Tom Staggs - the man has nothing going for him currently after he missed out on getting the CBS CEO position.

I kinda buy it. I think Iger is done and by December 2021, Chapek will have been CEO for almost 2 years, so Wall Street will be extremely comfortable with him leaving.

I’m also not surprised he’s trying to weasel his way into the White House, but that’s a topic we should probably table.

Status
Not open for further replies.