Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Flamingo Crossings

If they include basic cable (D+ included) and Wifi I am in. Might just have to move there. Think anyone will notice I'm not really CP?

I just realized that I am miscalculating the cost? It is $205 a week per bed in the 4br? maybe?
$205 is actually likely for the 2-BR because there's less people. The 4BRis likely the $165. The charge less the more you try to squeeze together since it's more paying the bill.

Just act natural and they'll never notice you aren't on the program :lol:

$205 is actually likely for the 2-BR because there's less people. The 4BRis likely the $165. The charge less the more you try to squeeze together since it's more paying the bill.

Just act natural and they'll never notice you aren't on the program :lol:
Right now they put 2 people per bedroom. So this would be 4 to 8 people per apartment.

Y’all I stayed in housing last year. We were 3 to a bedroom and I was sick for 6 months from the mold in the vents. This is an upgrade lmao.

I can’t believe they’re not giving them twin beds, I can’t believe it.

Y’all I stayed in housing last year. We were 3 to a bedroom and I was sick for 6 months from the mold in the vents. This is an upgrade lmao.

I can’t believe they’re not giving them twin beds, I can’t believe it.
Oh trust me, I know. This is living luxurious at a fairly reasonably price compared to what they've currently got in place.

Oh trust me, I know. This is living luxurious at a fairly reasonably price compared to what they've currently got in place.

Yeah they kept hiking up the rent every few months, so these new prices are pretty much the same as what CPs were already paying. I believe when I moved out, rent ranged from $122 - $208 a week (roughly). I wish they kept the top end under $200 /week since they pay CPs less, but that’s the least of my problems with the DCP lol.

Yeah they kept hiking up the rent every few months, so these new prices are pretty much the same as what CPs were already paying. I believe when I moved out, rent ranged from $122 - $208 a week (roughly). I wish they kept the top end under $200 /week since they pay CPs less, but that’s the least of my problems with the DCP lol.
What a great scam of a program! Hire college kids to work for less than regular cast members, then force them into housing that take's almost all their paycheck. It's like Disney is getting free labor and making a profit off of their own rental property! But I'm sure those college kids have so many great memories of working 14 hour days.

What a great scam of a program! Hire college kids to work for less than regular cast members, then force them into housing that take's almost all their paycheck. It's like Disney is getting free labor and making a profit off of their own rental property! But I'm sure those college kids have so many great memories of working 14 hour days.
Oh yeah I hate the college program lol. But that’s a topic for a different thread.

The College Program was the best 6 months of my life. I got to work for a company I loved as a guest and I left loving the company as a cast member. Yes, my experience is absolutely different than someone who is relying on Disney as their career, but for a college student? It was an incredible experience and one the best decision I have ever made.

Did I leave there with a bunch of money? No, but I didn’t expect to. I found my voice working for Disney. I left a more confident individual ready for any situation I might run into work wise because you experience it all working there.

I also ended up meeting my now wife while we were both doing the program so there’s that as well!

:lol:

When I did the program, you had to bring stuff like a TV, but from the sounds of it, each apartment will come with a smart TV in the main living area. I can't fully remember on Internet (my program was 5 years ago), but I think it was included with monthly payment.

I did the program 10 years ago this fall and one of us had to bring a TV. Internet was included...but for the life of me I can’t remember if it was WiFi or not. I was in a 2 bedroom so it was me and 3 other guys, and yeah we only had twin beds.

I mean having in unit washer and dryer? Comes on! A smart TV? Non-carpeted floors? These are amazing

^ 10 years ago wifi was still not a "thing" everywhere and everyone's laptops still had a port to plug in a LAN cable.

^ 10 years ago wifi was still not a "thing" everywhere and everyone's laptops still had a port to plug in a LAN cable.

I do seem to remember bringing my lengthy Ethernet cord. But honestly I hardly spent any time in my apartment. If I wasn’t working I was playing in the parks.

Now that you guys mention it, I’m pretty sure we had to bring our own router in order to even gain any access to the internet in 2015. No router provided.

If they include basic cable (D+ included) and Wifi I am in. Might just have to move there. Think anyone will notice I'm not really CP?

I just realized that I am miscalculating the cost? It is $205 a week per bed in the 4br? maybe?
How much do they get paid? $206 a week?

How much do they get paid? $206 a week?
$14 x 35 hour average = $490 before tax. I used 35 hours, but on my program, I worked more than 40 hours the majority of the time, so it’s probably a low ball.

They come out on top for sure, but in a $206/week apartment, Disney takes home $3300 per month (2 bedroom, 4 rent payers). Disney makes huge bank on the DCP.

$14 x 35 hour average = $490 before tax. I used 35 hours, but on my program, I worked more than 40 hours the majority of the time, so it’s probably a low ball.

They come out on top for sure, but in a $206/week apartment, Disney takes home $3300 per month (2 bedroom, 4 rent payers). Disney makes huge bank on the DCP.
Yes, it's a genius move by Disney for sure

Permits have been filed for a Wendy’s, 7-11, Hess, and Walgreens to go on this land as of now with more planned.
flamingo-crossings-town-center-aerial-1.jpg

I guess that's an old filing since Hess doesn't exist anymore. I'm assuming it's now a Speedway coming. Kind of surprised it's not a Wawa (that would clean up with the CPs there), but I'd guess Hess/Speedway had a deal in place with Disney.

I guess that's an old filing since Hess doesn't exist anymore. I'm assuming it's now a Speedway coming. Kind of surprised it's not a Wawa (that would clean up with the CPs there), but I'd guess Hess/Speedway had a deal in place with Disney.
There's already 3 Speedway's on property, so they have a significant working relationship. I agree though that a Wawa would do major business, though (The 7/11 should've been a Wawa, imo)