Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2020

I heard there revamping every maze... making them completely different, more special effects.

It's because 2019 did so well and they are reinvesting the proceeds.

as haunt comes closer I will release riddles about the new mazes... I already found out one from a monster that works in dark ride.

I heard there revamping every maze... making them completely different, more special effects.

as haunt comes closer I will release riddles about the new mazes... I already found out one from a monster that works in dark ride.

Welcome to the forums! Please refrain from double posting, or in this case, triple posting. If you need to change something in your original post, the EDIT feature is an option. Thanks!

Noice! Glad to see them investing more into their mazes! Having just two new mazes every year just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Universal could learn from Knott's.

Curious to see how much they will revamp their existing houses.

Well from what I heard they are going to mix hhn type scares with old fashion Knott's Scary Farm scares(stomping, noises, props). ANd Carnevil is getting more money for better quality makeup and masks.

Anyone else theorizing about the reintegration of the Special Ops guns in a new/returning maze? Dark Entities is seriously lacking in attendance for such a new maze, and it would fit the 80s, “Aliens” sciFi Horror style of the maze perfectly. They could be brought into paranormal for what is probably its last year as some type of spirit gun, but that is probably pushing

Anyone else theorizing about the reintegration of the Special Ops guns in a new/returning maze? Dark Entities is seriously lacking in attendance for such a new maze, and it would fit the 80s, “Aliens” sciFi Horror style of the maze perfectly. They could be brought into paranormal for what is probably its last year as some type of spirit gun, but that is probably pushing

There was a rumor after Trick or Treat's last year that the flash light tech and "lights out" theme would go to Paranormal Inc. I think I'd prefer that if they were going to mix it up. Last I heard those guns from Special Ops were sent over to another Cedar Fair park, but I don't know how true that is.

There was a rumor after Trick or Treat's last year that the flash light tech and "lights out" theme would go to Paranormal Inc. I think I'd prefer that if they were going to mix it up. Last I heard those guns from Special Ops were sent over to another Cedar Fair park, but I don't know how true that is.
I would really like for them to take a break from the “shooting maze” concept fir a while. Special Ops was great, but I would like to see a regular maze on the Mystery Lodge venue this time.

I would really like for them to take a break from the “shooting maze” concept fir a while. Special Ops was great, but I would like to see a regular maze on the Mystery Lodge venue this time.

I agree. I think Special Ops was fun, especially towards the end when it got a little more refined. Not to mention having something like that in the near-immediate future (in regards to COVID) seems like more hassle than it's worth.

The flashlight thing for Paranormal have been around foreverrrrr, and I find it funny how it keeps getting shafted year after year. Originally supposed to be a debut effect in the maze

The flashlight thing for Paranormal have been around foreverrrrr, and I find it funny how it keeps getting shafted year after year. Originally supposed to be a debut effect in the maze

Yeah, I remember it really ramping up when Trick or Treat's last year was announced. I think it'd be a cool way to phase Paranormal out personally. I loved the lights out version of Trick or Treat.

It's always been weird to me that they never went through with it, was just talking to a friend last night about how much of a missed opportunity it is in fact. Could easily make it a pseudo sequel to the original maze, with guests sneaking into Hayden Hill years after the initial incident, coming across the abandoned and dilapidated equipment from the show's crew before accidentally reawakening the spirits with our presence.

Also, on the topic of the special ops guns, I know they'd never do it since licensed properties really aren't knotts' thing, but I had the idea a few months back that a Half Life themed maze where the guests take the place of the military from the first game would work really well in that format.