Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UOAP Benefits and Updates

May 6, 2012
Tampa <---> Orlando
Greetings Everyone,
I noticed that we lacked a specific thread that focuses on UOAP exclusive merchandise, the UOAP lounge, UOAP magnets/buttons, and Limited Time UOAP benefits. I know that a Passholder Appreciation Month thread exists, however I never see much discussion of the passholder perks that pop up during the year. So I took the liberty of creating this thread to update one another and discuss these benefits and merchandise. If this thread is too similar to any other threads I apologize.

Upcoming Benefits and Perks for Summer 2020
  • Dedicated Parking and Security Line, June 8th-July 5th
  • Dedicated Park Entrance, June 8th-July 5th
  • Free Freestyle cup with purchase of entrée, June 8th-July 5th
  • The return of the "Save the Green Planet Button", Starting June 8th, While supplies last
  • UOAP 30th Anniversary Magnet, Starting June 8th, While supplies last
  • Free commemorative photo of your return to the park , June 8th-July 5th
  • And more

P.S. I hope the Passholder entrance becomes permanent, really speeds things up. :dance:

Free Freestyle cup with purchase of entrée, June 8th-July 5th
I’m assuming this is Quick Service only?
And would refills only be for the day? I’ve never done a freestyle thing.

Clearly, they’re trying to get APs to not only come, but to spend longer at the park.

I’m assuming this is Quick Service only?
And would refills only be for the day? I’ve never done a freestyle thing.

Clearly, they’re trying to get APs to not only come, but to spend longer at the park.
Definitely trying to get people back in

According to the UOAP section on the website you will have free refills for the day. I assume that you will have to reactivate it for your next visit as usual.

Free at quick service locations makes the most sense.

Sorry for the double post...
A commemorative Bourne button is coming July 1st, while supplies last.
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 2.04.33 PM.png
Edit: Just saw Andysol's post, just putting it here to for reference.

Has anyone here redeemed the Premier Pass free guest ticket? Is this something that can only be done at Guest Services in the park? UO ticket booth/guest service masks in this heat and in masks is my literal nightmare.

Has anyone here redeemed the Premier Pass free guest ticket? Is this something that can only be done at Guest Services in the park? UO ticket booth/guest service masks in this heat and in masks is my literal nightmare.
Yes it is because it has to be in your guest’s name. They can also do it from the hotel ticket counters if that helps.

Yes it is because it has to be in your guest’s name. They can also do it from the hotel ticket counters if that helps.

At the Hard Rock Hotel now so that DOES help. THANK YOU! Weird because usually in the hotel it's like "Destination Universal" and they can't do a lot of these things.

Just had some questions and figured this thread would be appropriate.

Does everyone in your party need to have the same type of pass to get the benefits? Or can say one of us get a higher tier pass with benefit for parking and discount in park, while the others get a lower tier one just to be able to get into the park but still be able to use the merchandise and dining discounts since we'll be together anyway.

The blackout dates don't matter since won't be going during those times anyway but is it worth it for the $100 more to just save on parking for like 2 days and get 10% off at shops and dining? Just looking at preferred vs seasonal.

Also does the pass require photo ID each time you use it?

Does everyone in your party need to have the same type of pass to get the benefits? Or can say one of us get a higher tier pass with benefit for parking and discount in park, while the others get a lower tier one just to be able to get into the park but still be able to use the merchandise and dining discounts since we'll be together anyway.

The blackout dates don't matter since won't be going during those times anyway but is it worth it for the $100 more to just save on parking for like 2 days and get 10% off at shops and dining? Just looking at preferred vs seasonal.

I think you can pay for six as long as you group the purchase or you make individual purchases with the pass. Yes, many do this.
You only park one car though

having one person get a pass for parking and discounts always made sense to me (as we always traveled here together). So long as the one with the upper pass is on each trip. Everyone's ticket will have biometrics attached, if those were to fail, one would need an ID. I have (more often than not) needed my ID for parking and for discounts.

We stayed onsite, so we always had early entry from the hotel -- only the hirer tier ticket would grant early enter if staying off site.

Anyway, in the past, I was able to take advantage of the parking and merch discounts (plus hotel AP rates) by owning one higher tiered pass (other times it made sense for all three of us to have the same tier)

No. We have a Preferred and two Power APs, and as long as the Preferred holder is driving you get the parking discount, and as long as they are paying (or at least presenting) you get the merch, dining, and hotel discounts. Just need one AP for those.

It is for us but we go for ~10 days a year. Do a budget for hotel (usually 20% - 30% depending on time of year), parking, dining, and merch and see if it works for you.

Nope, they scan your fingerprint for the first time and scan that in each time after.

All that said, APs are definitely worth it if you go over four days per year. Anything less than that depends on how many discounts you'd end up getting.

No. We have a Preferred and two Power APs, and as long as the Preferred holder is driving you get the parking discount, and as long as they are paying (or at least presenting) you get the merch, dining, and hotel discounts. Just need one AP for those.

It is for us but we go for ~10 days a year. Do a budget for hotel (usually 20% - 30% depending on time of year), parking, dining, and merch and see if it works for you.

Nope, they scan your fingerprint for the first time and scan that in each time after.

All that said, APs are definitely worth it if you go over four days per year. Anything less than that depends on how many discounts you'd end up getting.

Dang so the person driving has to have the Preferred? I was hoping that wasn't the case lol.

I usually carpool with my friend. Sometimes I (as the driver) show my pass and id, sometimes he as the passenger shows his pass and id when I pull up to a booth on the right side and sometimes I pass his pass and id to the person at my window. They don't care. As long as Id and pass match and the person is in the vehicle (if they even check that).