Tenet | Inside Universal Forums

Tenet

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Definitely more a long teaser than a proper trailer. Looks very promising, though. The whole "experiencing time in reverse" could be a terrific gimmick.

I love this trailer. It doesn't feel to me, like it gives anything away: but shows the strong suits of what the film is about, along with the core concepts.

I am on-board for this, and can't wait to see it in theaters.

Reactions: belloq87
New trailer means marketing campaign is officially on, meaning they’ve decided to stick with July 17th.

People in the industry are confused, because they've also scrubbed the July 17 date from most of the messaging. But the fact that they're spending the money and exerting the marketing muscle on a "relaunch" of sorts means... they're expecting to launch it within the next two months. Something isn't tracking.

Reactions: Grabnar and Nick
People in the industry are confused, because they've also scrubbed the July 17 date from most of the messaging. But the fact that they're spending the money and exerting the marketing muscle on a "relaunch" of sorts means... they're expecting to launch it within the next two months. Something isn't tracking.
I've heard rumor that WB is considering moving Tenet to Wonder Woman 1984's spot in August, moving Wonder Woman to Dune's spot on December 18th and moving Dune to 2021.

I've heard rumor that WB is considering moving Tenet to Wonder Woman 1984's spot in August, moving Wonder Woman to Dune's spot on December 18th and moving Dune to 2021.

Good, DUNE is the only one I care about seeing, so that gives the pandemic more time to die down before I go to a theater lol

I think catching an 11am matinee 2 weeks after the film opens will be safe as long as they offer reserved seating so yo can see how full the theater is. Usually a couple of weeks after a film opens you can find pretty much empty theaters during the matinee showtimes.

TENET has officially been pushed back to July 31st.

Quite surprised it's only 2 weeks.

I'd assume this is based on conversations with movie theatres around the world about when they feel they can be fully open.

Quite surprised it's only 2 weeks.

I'd assume this is based on conversations with movie theatres around the world about when they feel they can be fully open.
The issue also becomes if they push it off too long, it could hurt theaters so much that many will never reopen and Tenet would likely never actually be able to recoup costs.

Even with PVOD as a fallback, this is a $200M movie with a marketing budget that balloons it way higher. It would need to do extraordinary business on-demand to even recoup the costs on a film that expensive, never mind become profitable.

This film needs theaters to still be around when it opens.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
You gotta wonder how many more times WB will play this "delay every two weeks" game. Just bite the bullet and push it back a couple of months instead of constantly getting people's hopes crushed.

Something's afoot. Sounds like some of the people on the marketing teams for this and other marquee WB films may be seeing major changes beginning tomorrow.