Tenet | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Tenet

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this is really the best option. Let the movie play where it can.

Spoiler-phobes (which I consider myself for this film, certainly) will just need to tread carefully until they can see it. There's a drive-in about an hour away from me, and I'll absolutely make the trip if WB allows the movie to screen in those venues in September.
They announced that it will be releasing in the US over Labor Day weekend on September 3rd. So only one week after it opens international.

Also - one of the reasons they need theaters for this release is because Nolan is getting a whopping 20% of the box office for this film. If it only does mediocre business, WB won't make their money back since they're only getting 80% of the 50% or so that they will get from theaters.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
Did you actually read the reviews....
lol, no. I don't really care too much about this movie.

This also wasn't a productive post though by you since I was asking for an answer and you just gave me the run around as if I was supposed to know...

Just a quick look and i'm seeing a lot of "It's good, but idk if i'd risk going back to theaters for it" type of reviews. Not what i'd call bad reviews for the most part. Certainly nothing i've read would turn me away from seeing this if I was truly interested and these were normal times.

If this were on-demand, i'd probably watch it. I love a good theater experience, but right now is not the time I want to be going into a theater to see a movie these reviewers got to watch at home.

It's tough. My favorite local theater is an independent, and I really want to support them as they finally open back up next weekend (I already purchased several gift cards from them way back in the spring with the intention of basically never using them... a de facto donation).

But there's a drive-in about an hour away that I'm expecting will be showing this, and that sounds like a much more comfortable setting to me.

Some pretty harsh reviews coming out.

"A Humorless Disappointment".

People keep singling out the lack of humor here... but that's never been in Nolan's bag of tricks. His films take themselves quite seriously, so I have a hard time imagining that that's somehow a problem with TENET.

I think some people just have their knives out for Nolan now after doing a better job of hiding it with his previous movies.

Cinemark sent out emails saying previews starting 8/31 go on sale today. Their website lists UOR Citywalk as a location, but the theater couldn’t sell me a ticket this afternoon.

The Dark Knight had a delicious dark humor. The shot of Ledger walking away from the hospital with the bomb trigger is fantastic.

There is a fine line between brilliant and pretentious. Nolan often bumps up against that line.
Yea, the idea that Nolan's movies are devoid of humor is a weird take. They're not quippy Marvel fare, but most absolutely have humor throughout, at least up until Interstellar. I've found everything since to be far too humorless.

I think Nolan is great at making movies look good...but most his films I find boring. Inception is film about dreams but besides some cool effects in the hotel room...you could have just made it all in real places. Like the snow area literally could have had the snow falling up into the sky or something but no...it was a normal snow set in a "dream" yet nothing fantastical was going on besides people shooting guns from earth at each other.
Dunkirk is great to show what a war looks like but as a story about humans I prefer 1917 or especially hacksaw ridge (I mean what a story about people in war)

So not surprised some people aren't into his movies besides seeing how nice they look, Batman Begins and Dark Night have those great shots but also to me are interesting takes on comic book characters. But from Dark Knight Rising on feel his films just fall flat story wise.

Reactions: Jamesh22
The Dark Knight had a delicious dark humor. The shot of Ledger walking away from the hospital with the bomb trigger is fantastic.

The Alfred interactions are great too. Also, it's subtle but Inception has a few killer moments of humor as well ("I just bought the airline."; "Sometimes you must dream a little bigger, darling.")

Yea, the idea that Nolan's movies are devoid of humor is a weird take. They're not quippy Marvel fare, but most absolutely have humor throughout, at least up until Interstellar. I've found everything since to be far too humorless.

Never been able to put my finger on why I strongly dislike Interstellar but this may be it.

Reactions: Clive
Reactions: Legacy