Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally slogged all the way through all episodes of Hill House.

Horrible series, way too much whiny drama between adults acting like little kids. Interesting when they showed flashbacks, largely uninteresting when they showed the adults crying, glaring, or passive aggressively muttering at each other. Occasional ghosts. Very occasional.

But I think the house will be fantastic. I’m approaching this like a Universal original, a haunted house theme, using ghosts and settings familiar from the episode. I’m encouraged that people think it’s only taking place in the house.

Basically the few really good things in the series, and none of the bad, mixed with all that Universal creativity, in a 3-5 minute walk.

I’ve seen way more good than bad houses in my small sample of 4 HHN’s, so I’m rounding up on this one. I doubt it will disappoint.

If they can do what they did with Killer Klowns, which I was very very pessimistic about but it ended up being one of our favorites, I think they can make anything work.

Horrible series, way too much whiny drama between adults acting like little kids. Interesting when they showed flashbacks, largely uninteresting when they showed the adults crying, glaring, or passive aggressively muttering at each other. Occasional ghosts. Very occasional.

But I think the house will be fantastic. I’m approaching this like a Universal original, a haunted house theme, using ghosts and settings familiar from the episode. I’m encouraged that people think it’s only taking place in the house.

Basically the few really good things in the series, and none of the bad, mixed with all that Universal creativity, in a 3-5 minute walk.

I’ve seen way more good than bad houses in my small sample of 4 HHN’s, so I’m rounding up on this one. I doubt it will disappoint.

If they can do what they did with Killer Klowns, which I was very very pessimistic about but it ended up being one of our favorites, I think they can make anything work.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you there. Given your name I would think you would like it.

It's actually stated in our guidelines:

Users are also expected to stay on the topic of discussion in a thread. We recommend reading all up-to-date posts in a thread before replying in order to maintain the discussion of the thread.

While we understand discussions will get lost among 20 pages of new discussion, this particular discussion was taking place on just the previous couple of pages before.
Oops my bad. I was confused when I all a sudden saw a lot of talk about an announcement, I got excited

I personally think Hill House is one of the best horror TV series of the 2000s, extremely well-written and creepy. But I completely agree with the opinion that this will be an amazing house.

Disagree with your take on the series, but I certainly won't downvote you for having an opinion - especially one that is thought out and presented well. While I don't agree with others that it's an elite level series (like DARK imo), I do think it was solid from start to finish with absolutely astounding production value and a well-crafted story.

I do agree that the house will be fantastic. The set pieces are there to make a highly effective IP house that can tell a story and work in the "special effects" setting that we anticipate happening this year.

I would be shocked if this house was a disappointment. I'm actually more worried about Beetlejuice than this one.

That’s a fan page. I saw that post when it was first posted and freaked out, until I realized the blue checkmark wasn’t there. Not sure if they are pretending to be the actual page or if there is insider info there?

That’s a fan page. I saw that post when it was first posted and freaked out, until I realized the blue checkmark wasn’t there. Not sure if they are pretending to be the actual page or if there is insider info there?
Oops my bad they both look the same. I will say it’s not the first person I’ve seen mention tomorrow but we will see!

Which one? are you talking about @horrornightsor1 on twitter? If so, thats a fan account that may have insider info. What we posted earlier was from the REAL HHN (Orlando) twitter account

I deleted the post to avoid confusion. Y'all, when posting tweets or other social media posts purported to be official, please confirm the information is coming from the verified accounts.

Well @horrornightsor1 was one how ever there’s been a few people around saying something could be happening tomorrow but nothing official was posted
There's be quite a lot of talk overall about something happening this week or within a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened today or tomorrow. Especially with the HHN official twitter asking if they can use the tweets asking for announcements, thats definitely a sign. They wouldn't just do that for fun.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a bit off topic from the current discussion, but did we ever “figure out” (nothing confirmed till confirmed) which TCM Movie the house will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.